Lately when I try to put some pressure into my suspension, according to the class, the pressure goes up kind of fast but the bike doesn't go up at all. The first time this happened, it worked fine 6 or 7 miles later down the road. I'm not getting any kind of error code or anything. This happens on the front or rear, doesn't matter.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

If the valve assembly isn't routing air from the compressor and through it to the front or rear, the line from the copmpressor to the valve assembly represents a TINY enclosed system so the pressure WOULD rise almost immediately... sounds like the valve assembly needs attention.

Lately when I try to put some pressure into my suspension, according to the class, the pressure goes up kind of fast but the bike doesn't go up at all. The first time this happened, it worked fine 6 or 7 miles later down the road. I'm not getting any kind of error code or anything. This happens on the front or rear, doesn't matter.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

I had that recently, look at the CLASS controller plug solder connections. I suspect you will find some cracked connections.

First off I would take the whole pump assembly apart, clean it, some lube is necessary and dry the desicant. It needs to be done once in a while anyways, maybe every two years. In the mean time, use this trick: pump up the 'shock', go to the front, then back to the rear and the plunger may be able to move to show you the correct amount in the real shock and then you can adjust it from there. This may take a moment or two, so keep pressure on the button, don't release it right away. You may have to try this trick a couple of times for the right reaction.

Carl

While you are poking around the valve assembly, go ahead and replace the o-rings on all of the hose connections. Especially on the front and rear hose banjo bolt connections, if I remember correctly, there is an o-ring on either side of the fitting. Go to your local True Value, or suitable substitute, and spend a couple of bucks on replacement o-rings. You'll be glad you did!!

• 1 year later...

Well I swapped out the compressor and everything else under the cover with the one off my 83 parts bike. Cleaned it up good and replaced the decadent. Still does the same thing, only I've noticed more symptoms if ya will. If I leave it on the center stand for some time, like over the winter, it wont air down. The CLASS says the pressure is going down and it even makes a hiss as though air is being released, but it doesn't go down far. The opposite is true if I leave it on low for a a period. CLASS shows pressure is rising and the pump runs for a short time, but the suspension stays put. But if I put it on the center stand, and rock it off while the hit the button on the CLASS, it works as it should. Are there any valves or anything that might be sticking somewhere other than in the pump are? Still no error codes as of yet either.

Thanks,

Bill

Sounds a lot like mine, but mine throws an E2 error code after waiting quite a while. I have just about given up on mine and think Ill do like a few others here and just mount schrader valves that i can attch an air pump to and eliminate the need for the pump.

Brian

In the picture are 3 solenoids, held in with 2 screws each. You'll need to take these apart to clean them, seems they are sticking a bit. You could find some evidence of corrosion in there. Take some fine steel wool, wind it around a piece of dowel and then attach it to a drill to clean them up. The important part would be the little raised tower at the bottom where the seal seats on. The barrel of the cylinder just needs to be clean and smooth, nothing happens there except for the piston to stay in place.

Watch out for the small springs on top of the pistons,, they tend to get lost and damaged easily.

Before you rip and tear, simple remove the Controller, The Electrical plug about 6 inches from the unit, in " Notorious " for haveing bad connections. !!!

Open the plug, Clean the male and female contacts, and Tug Tug on all the wires on both ends of the plug. !!! They might pull right out of the pins,

If so, the fix is to Release the pins, push them out, recrimp, the pins, and maby also solder them, before re-assembling the plug. !!!

:detective::detective:

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

That is EXACTLY what mine did and like you I was looking back at the compressor.

Members here pointed me toward the controller board connections.

Some of the solder joints on the pins were bad enough that you could see a ring around the pin. I just redid all of the connector pins.

That was it. Problem solved.

BTW, mine did eventually post a code when I started poking around the board.

Ray