IGNORED

Asheville Rally getting close!!!

Venturous Randy

Given there is not going to be a Vogal rally for the southeast this year, I was expecting a bit more response to us having an Asheville Rally. So far, I am getting very little response on my request to do an ICE list.

For those of us that have been to either of the previous Asheville get-togethers, you know it is a laid back gathering and we have a lot of fun. For those that have not been to this rally, or in this area, this is truly a motorcyclist's paradise. You can not get much better riding than this, in just about anywhere. Usually, the biggest problem is trying to decide which direction you want to go. And, for those staying at the KOA site, it is a perfect place for us to get together.

I know the date is a little later in the year and many have kids in school by now, but I am hoping before this gets going that we have a bunch show up. If there are any questions about anything, please do not hesitate to ask on here, or send me a PM and I will try to help.

I plan on being there in the afternoon on Wednesday the 11th and will be leaving out Sunday. I will be in campsite #21 by the lilly pond.

RandyA

RandyA,

We've been trying to get some info on this get together. If your eating lunch sometime and where Saturday 14th and is there a ride planned for Saturday. I will be bringing around 12 bikes with us to meet and eat so some details would be helpful if any out there. Thanks

RandyA,

We've been trying to get some info on this get together. If your eating lunch sometime and where Saturday 14th and is there a ride planned for Saturday. I will be bringing around 12 bikes with us to meet and eat so some details would be helpful if any out there. Thanks

As Randy said we have a very laid back set up. We typically meet in the morning at the KOA then everyone goes off for the day. Meet back up in the late afternoon early evening. Folks go off to eat in groups if they choose to. This isn't like any of the other get togethers. When we set up the first one I only planned a couple of things because folks asked to go somewhere. After that we just play it all by ear. Any info on Asheville is on the calendar.

Margaret

I have planed my vacation for Asheville. All ready booked room for Sat Night at Front Royal, Va. i will take Skyline / Blue Ridge Pkwy all the way. I may arrive at Black Mountain super 8 as early as Sunday night, or maybe monday PM. Wanna take advantage of BRP as much as I can. Well see ya sun. And Randya I think you still have my contact info from last year(s)

Cool.

Will arrive sometime Friday evening, wife and kids will come over for Friday night dinner (it's our Wedding Anniversary - married the greatest woman around) then I will camp for the weekend and leave out sometime Sunday.

See ya at the lilly pond !

Steve

:wow:

I will be there in spirit Randy, sorry I just cant make it down there this time. It is a great getogether and I really wanted to make it, but it aint gonna happen:crying: I know you guys will have a blast. Craig

I will miss you craig. You have been a great addition and a lot of fun at this get together. You might have been able to make it down and back without someone running over your bike.

RandyA

Glad we'll be seeing you Dan. I'll be there friday as well. Gonna hitch a ride with my replacement. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:Can't leave him too soon :whistling: he's gonna miss me anyway when I'm not on the back of his bike.

Margaret

Hey Mini, I cant wait to see you too, This is going to be be my first VR "get together" for this year, when you say friday, you mean the 6th? right?

I will miss you craig. You have been a great addition and a lot of fun at this get together. You might have been able to make it down and back without someone running over your bike.

RandyA

Thanks Randy, had to bring that up:crying: Make sure to take lots of pics and enjoy yourself. I am sure you will be up for a party!! Have fun and keep the shiney side up!! Craig

As of right now My wife and I are planning on coming in on thursday and stay at the Super 8 in black mountain. I need some contact numbers so we can find out what is going on after we get there. If the temps are still in the upper 90's I don't know if we will do it or not. We were caught in a severe thunder storm 2 weeks ago and I had to look at the yellow lines beside my bike to see where I was going. It scared the S**t out of me! Lets all hope and pray for some cooler weather.......Ken

Randya's cell number is in his profile I think, if not you can PM him. He'll be there before me. Also all you'd have to do is head down to the KOA to meet up with folks. There also should be folks there at the super8 by the time you get there. As for the weather it's looking like the mid to upper 80s during the day and the upper 60s over night. Might want to bring some warm clothes as well. Not sure what the weather will be like on your way there. If you come you won't be disappointed, you'll have a good time and you'll get to meet some great folks.

Margaret

As of right now My wife and I are planning on coming in on thursday and stay at the Super 8 in black mountain. I need some contact numbers so we can find out what is going on after we get there. If the temps are still in the upper 90's I don't know if we will do it or not. We were caught in a severe thunder storm 2 weeks ago and I had to look at the yellow lines beside my bike to see where I was going. It scared the S**t out of me! Lets all hope and pray for some cooler weather.......Ken

I'll be at the Super 8 in Black Mountain by noon/mid afternoon on Thursday and there's a chance I may be there by Wednesday. Stardbog will be there sometime before me.

My Phone number is in my profile.

If you go over to the KOA just go in the front entrance, cross the bridge and keep left, you should see the bikes. See you there.

Looking forward to riding in that area again. Great stuff.

BOO

cant wait to get to meet some of you.will be there wed after work around 2:00 or 3:00 and will be off work thur and fri so that we can get some good ridding,eating and hanging out. :)

Hey warrior.Was good to meet you at Mr Motorcycle friday night event.Glad you joined and you will not regret it.I thought my 20 mile drive to the KOA was a short one but you are like,3 to 4 miles from there.See you Wednesday afternoon around 4:30.

Hey warrior.Was good to meet you at Mr Motorcycle friday night event.Glad you joined and you will not regret it.I thought my 20 mile drive to the KOA was a short one but you are like,3 to 4 miles from there.See you Wednesday afternoon around 4:30.

Well Rooster, there goes the "shortest distance traveled" award we were putting together for you this year.

RandyA