IGNORED

Future Venturerider Bikers

MamaMo

Ok how many of you have got your children or Grandchildren into the love of riding Ventures? Frogman and I have already gotten the son into the love of riding so much that he wanted to dress up in his biker gear for Halloween. In most things he uses the name Venturepirate. Taken from his love of riding on the 84 Venture (the Red Baron) with Frogman and his interest in pirates.

Haylie loves it also.......we made the mistake of letting her ride at Fort Collins....her first major ride was over 250 miles ! No complaints, nothing.....she got rained on, snowed on, sleeted on......and kept on smiling....

arms in the air waving......head hanging over the sides ( a lill too far for my liking so she was quickly told no more of that )

She keeps asking when she will get to go again......!

and even before she ever rode a real bike she had her wooden scoot.....see second picture.....lol

My son gets to ride with me to school and back when he has football practice, have taken a couple of longer rides with him, but mom gets JEALOUS if I want to take him on a long ride! We've gone to one of his out-of-town baseball games (ever seen a baseball bag strapped across a 1st gen trunk before?!) on the bike. Gotta steal the time when you can, they grow up to quick! But, he's been riding a dirt bike since he was seven.

Dan

I have 4 kids, all adults now.. When they were young and home I would take them for 2 weeks at a time every summer for cross country touring trips.. The name "Cowpuc" is my biker name given to me by them,, it was not uncommon for me to step in cow crap while camping out west.. They also named my first 1st gen "Beeeeg" which stands for B G which stands for Big Girl..

We covered pretty much all the lower 48 and lots of Canada back then.. My 2 oldest girls are just getting started in their Careers (ones a Teacher the other a Doctor) and both of them SWEAR that biking is on their list of "has to" for future husbands..

Oh the memories...

'Puc

That boy is some of my best work.He came along late in life. He will have my early teenage problems. Beat the women off with a stick and learn to run fast. A whiz on computers to. When I was 16 I bought my first street bike a Triumph Bonneville 750 with my own money. I worked a part time job after school. Now you know why there two first gens in the shed. I might have to start him out on something slower. His mommy has a second gen with training wheels.:rotf::rotf:

"Both my sons got bikes as soon as they got out on their own ( out of moms :no-no-no: reach ). "

My 20yr old immortal son just got his first bike a couple weeks ago, a cheap '93 CBR600. He is still at home though and either is fast enough or just avoids Mom to stay out of her reach. She is after him too...threatens to run teh bike over "by accident" in the driveway given the chance. Also consider he is brand new to riding and has several dumb accidents to his credit in cars already...most involving curbs and ditches from going to fast around corners or stepping on the gas too much on wet roads. Mom is justifiably concerned!

Maybe he will survive long enough (Mom, himself, cagers, listed in order of risk) to go touring with us next year. Then again maybe not...ever see what Elasti-Girl could do in the movie The Incredibles?

:bighug:

Our kids have been on the bikes since they were very young. They enjoy it a lot.

I would not encourage them to ride there own untill they are a little older (out of the teens). I am starting to believe they should wait till this age for the car as well.

Brad

Both of my kids ride with me. You can see my 4 year old in the attached pics. If you look at Bobbie's pics of the SC meet & eat, you will see my son, 8, having a great time with the group. He rode 6 1/2 hours down with me in the rain. He is a true 'venturerider' in training.

My son is only 22 months and he will come out to the garage and just sit on my bike while I work in the garage. He would sit there for hours if I would let him and he throws a fit when I try to take him off.
Sounds like you have a true biker on your hands Brent. But it'll be quite a while before he's big enough to ride along. My grandson couldn't wait, but had to until he was big enough.:o