IGNORED

You may see us (and the scoot) in a soup commercial

SilvrT

A couple weeks ago we were at a show 'n shine car show and were approached by an agent for a production company to try out for a commercial. They were looking for a couple between 25 & 65 who ride motorcycle. He took some pics and video of Nina & I and about 2 days later we got a call for a screening. Did that and 2 days later we got a call that we were the "chosen ones". Turns out they'd looked at about 1,000 people!

Yesterday was the shooting day. We had to be on set at 5:30AM but it took us an hour to get there, with at least 25 minutes of it on a single lane gravel road taking us way back into the boonies to a government campground.

Had no idea what to expect but WOW... this was a major production. Must have been 100 or more crew there, production equipment and trucks all over the place, and a large catering truck with full breakfast all ready.

Weather was cloudy and cool and by the time we arrived, the bike (and us) was totally covered with dust from the road. Speaking of which, I am amazed that we never dumped the bike... it was a lot of loose gravel, hilly, lots of curves, and washboardy, not to mention that we were in the dark and a bit behind other vehicles so the dust made it real hard to see.

There were 3 shoot locations and nobody seemed to know exactly when or where "our part" came in so it was a "hurry up and wait" .... finally, around 11AM we were instructed to go to the next shoot location where they'd be filming us. Once there, they had us ride the bike down a long straight road (paved at least) while the filming truck ran alongside. We had to fall back, speed up, stay beside, and act as we would normally be while riding. We did this a couple times and then they had us follow the filming truck... riding up very close to the back, falling way back and speeding up real close to it again...then they'd pull over to the other lane and we'd speed past them...fall back ... speed past again... it was quite the experience!

After that we went to the 3rd shooting location and did a bunch of "parked" filming. I was sitting on the bike and Nina would grab the helmets from the trunk, bring them over to me, we'd don the helmets, gloves and then she'd get on the bike. Did that scene about 6 or 8 times varying how we did it.

It was a pretty "cool" experience and we finished up around 4:15PM and finally got home around 5PM, totally tired out.

Got a few pics but haven't dumped them off the camera yet so will post them later.

So, some day, when you least expect it, you just may see us and our RSMV on a Campbell's Soup commercial!!

:thumbsup2:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest divey

Obviously they didn't need the sun out to do the shoots!! I came up through the Fraser Valley yesterday via WA state and didn't see any blue sky until Manning Park. Look forward to seeing the commercial.

Doug

Obviously they didn't need the sun out to do the shoots!! I came up through the Fraser Valley yesterday via WA state and didn't see any blue sky until Manning Park. Look forward to seeing the commercial.

Doug

By the time we got to the 3rd shoot location and started to film, it was around 2:30 and the sun was out. This was way down the far end of the Delta and generally the sun comes out there before the mountains.

Guest tx2sturgis

I wonder if he's allowed to sign autographs in the chatroom?

:D

Hey, I've picked up 44,000 pounds of canned product many times at the Campbells Soup Plant in Paris Texas...and they never bothered to ask ME to be in a commercial....waaaah! :puzzled:

Hey, I've picked up 44,000 pounds of canned product many times at the Campbells Soup Plant in Paris Texas...and they never bothered to ask ME to be in a commercial....waaaah! :puzzled:

that's because Nina isn't your wife .... she's MINE :rasberry: :rasberry:

(I figgure she had a lot more to do with us getting this gig than me)

Guest tx2sturgis

Fine. I have NO objections to Nina signing autographs in the chatroom tonite. But I guess we should clear it with Yama Mama.

A little hungry, eh?

So what, you're saying your mug can't sell soup?

Were you compensated for your time and trouble............did you get an agent yet...........anyone ask you to sign up with the actors guild.....................Inquiring minds want to know................

Will you still ride with us when you become rich and famous.....................:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

Were you compensated for your time and trouble............Yes, and very well although it's a "one-time buyout agreement" We got paid separately for the shoot day and will get the "BIG BUCKS" if the commercial airs ....did you get an agent yet.....Nina's working on that......anyone ask you to sign up with the actors guild.........Nope............Inquiring minds want to know................

Will you still ride with us when you become rich and famous..............Sure, as long as you don't mind everyone ooogling my super customized RSV worth 100k.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

..see above

Guest tx2sturgis
Were you compensated for your time and trouble.

Sure...they paid him with cases of soup!

Anyone ever see the Seinfeld episode, "The Soup Nazi"?

For the 3 or 4 members who didnt watch it back in 1995, or in re-runs, heres a clip. It's about this new guy in the neighborhood who has unbelievably good soup, but he's a bit..um...difficult to deal with.

:cool17:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA]YouTube- The Best of The Soup Nazi[/ame]

Sure...they paid him with cases of soup!

Anyone ever see the Seinfeld episode, "The Soup Nazi"?

For the 3 or 4 members who didnt watch it back in 1995, or in re-runs, heres a clip. It's about this new guy in the neighborhood who has unbelievably good soup, but he's a bit..um...difficult to deal with.

:cool17:

When I tried to watch that, it says "Embedding disabled by request - watch on YouTube" .... any ideas what that's all about??

Guest tx2sturgis
When I tried to watch that, it says "Embedding disabled by request - watch on YouTube" .... any ideas what that's all about??

Just click where it says Watch on Youtube to watch on youtube directly.

All video owners have the option to disable embedding, and some exercise that option for whatever reason...sometimes copyrights are involved. And when you post a youtube link in this VR software, it automatically 'embeds' it, or tries to, anyway.

I had no way that I know of to simply post the link without an embedding frame showing up.

Most likely, the only reason.......... :thumbsup2: :stirthepot:

So what, you're saying your mug can't sell soup?

Probably not, Rick's helmet is best left on (reduces the blinding glare off of his head).....:stickpoke:

I had no way that I know of to simply post the link without an embedding frame showing up.

When writing a post, scroll down under the smiles to the box labeled "additional options". The option that is [checked] labeled 'automatically parse links in text' will enable/disable the automatic hyperlink of www stuff.

The one directly under that 'automatically embed media' will embed it automatcially -- just like the name would suggest. So, uncheck that puppy and you'll have a link.

Guest tx2sturgis
When writing a post, scroll down under the smiles to the box labeled "additional options". The option that is [checked] labeled 'automatically parse links in text' will enable/disable the automatic hyperlink of www stuff.

The one directly under that 'automatically embed media' will embed it automatcially -- just like the name would suggest. So, uncheck that puppy and you'll have a link.

AHHHH...NOW I SEE!

Ok...I know now, but in the past it has never been an issue....I normally only linked to my own vids and I allow embedding on those.

But anyway, all it amounts to here is that the viewer has to click one extra time...not a huge deal....but thank you sir...

:happy34: