IGNORED

Leaf lookers weekend in Wisconsin?

bryan52577

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this sounds awsome guys. The wife (ann) and I have never done a meet and eat or any other kind of get together. Count us in. :Venture:

Well Jim, you and Ann are welcome to come.

Lisa and I will be leaving Oskaloosa Thursday morning "ish". I may have another couple that will be riding along with us. (Not Members) Not sure which route to take yet. May go to Dubuque and up "C9Y" to Balltown, or make a bee-line for Prairie Du Chien and on up. Depends on what time we get out of here.

Have a safe ride up and see you there!

Hey Ken, looks like we may have a nice gathering! :sign woo hoo: I'm going to throw my tent in the trailer just in case someone may show-up and decide to stay, or has one two many. :beer:

Bryan

Not enough time, I keep looking for an event to junp in on and meet folks, but the weekend of this event is Youth Deer Season in Illinois and my son has been waiting for several years for this his first opportunity. So it is with regret that I will not make this one. Too bad is was not a week earlier or later.

Been there 3 times and it was always on a Sunday ,,,,, CLOSED!:bawling:

Bryan

Try it on a late Sat afternoon or early evening sometime if you guys can. It's a howl!! Also, they have sleeping quarters upstairs (can't talk the hubby into it!!) which would be great cuz they have really good bands playing!

They had a burn out weekend there a couple of years ago and they let people pitch tents across the street. Let's just say the beer was really good and cold and it was about 100 degrees out! I'm getting to old for those kind of weekends!!

this sounds like it would be a nice weekend to finally meet some of you guys. I'm only a couple hours north of La Crosse in Thorp. I'll tell tell the better half and make plans for us to come ride. I've been through that area many times and it really is a nice ride.

TTYL, Bill

For anyone who's on the fence about this....did I mention the APPLE CIDER SLUSSHIES that are deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!! The apple orchards are only a few miles south of where the campground is. Cheesecurds, apples, slushee's, jams, dips.

Does life get any better?:dancefool:

this sounds like it would be a nice weekend to finally meet some of you guys. I'm only a couple hours north of La Crosse in Thorp. I'll tell tell the better half and make plans for us to come ride. I've been through that area many times and it really is a nice ride.

TTYL, Bill

Bill, Come on down, the riding's fine! :thumbsup2:

It looks like we are going to have a few newbies, (my self included), old timers and even non members that I am trying to just show what this site is all about. "Friendship" And the love of the road, and the wind in your face.

I think it will be a GREAT weekend! :beer: And a lot of fun! :sign woo hoo:

Bryan

For anyone who's on the fence about this....did I mention the APPLE CIDER SLUSSHIES that are deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!! The apple orchards are only a few miles south of where the campground is. Cheesecurds, apples, slushee's, jams, dips.

Does life get any better?:dancefool:

If you add a fewcinamon stick, alot of Ansolute and a little bit of everclear to those apple slushies you have a shot that tastes just like apple pie..............but with a little more kick:big-grin-emoticon:

If you add a fewcinamon stick, alot of Ansolute and a little bit of everclear to those apple slushies you have a shot that tastes just like apple pie..............but with a little more kick:big-grin-emoticon:

Great we got a volunteer to be bar tender! :beer: :sign woo hoo: Thanks Rick!!! :clap2: That sounds real good on cool night. Maybe warm it just a little?:lightbulb:

Bryan

Great we got a volunteer to be bar tender! :beer: :sign woo hoo: Thanks Rick!!! :clap2: That sounds real good on cool night. Maybe warm it just a little?:lightbulb:

Bryan

ASOLUTELY no punn intended

I'll try and make up a couple of gallons of my football taligating famous apple pie shots before we come up.

OK, I just booked a small cabin for the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Anybody have any thoughts on meals and such? Kind of a potluck thing maybe on a couple of the nights? I have a meat market that I hit all the time that has great brats and stuff. I could also grab some breakfast sausage for breakfast and ground beef for burgers or what ever else came to mind. I just booked a small cabin that has no amenities or anything. So I guess I'll have to grab my tripod grill and my camp stove.

Anything anybody else can think of for the weekend?

See ya all there,

Bill

P.S. If anybody wants to get a hold of me, I can be reached at 612-353-9008.

OK, I just booked a small cabin for the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Anybody have any thoughts on meals and such? Kind of a potluck thing maybe on a couple of the nights? I have a meat market that I hit all the time that has great brats and stuff. I could also grab some breakfast sausage for breakfast and ground beef for burgers or what ever else came to mind. I just booked a small cabin that has no amenities or anything. So I guess I'll have to grab my tripod grill and my camp stove.

Anything anybody else can think of for the weekend?

See ya all there,

Bill

P.S. If anybody wants to get a hold of me, I can be reached at 612-353-9008.

Bill,

That's a pretty cool idea! :lightbulb:Anyone that wants to eat out, can if they chose to, it's a free country. :thumbsup2: I get up early anyway, and plan on having a camp fire, so all the early birds could have breakfast over the camp fire! :sign woo hoo: I'll get a large cast-iron skillet too. I could make my breakfast stuff, sausage,hash-browns, eggs, and cheese, some garlic and misses dash and wal-ah. :thumbsup2: Kids all love it anyway. :whistling:

Give us an idea what you will need for $$ for the brats & burgers? Maybe we can work something out? I will take care of the breakfast stuff I make, I got plenty of all the ingredients. Plus I like doing things like that. :smile5:Thought about it before too, but forgot to say anything, glad you brought it up. :thumbsup2:

You can get hold of me 641-660-7315 but wait till afternoon Saturday.

(Got a funeral for a very good friend to go to. Should be many bikes there to give him his final ride.)

Bryan

IS IT TIME YET? :sign woo hoo: IS IT TIME YET? :sign woo hoo:

Geeesh I got to quit starting stuf so early! :yikes: I been ready to do this ride since Ken, Lisa and I talked about it in July.

Awh, come on clock TICK, then TOCK, you can do it.

Bryan

Whoa there Bryan!

You know what's coming not long after that ride in Oct.

I'll just wait patiently and enjoy the warmer weather for a few more weeks.

If you need to get out some, there's always the Pork in the Pines next weekend!

Later, Scooter Bob

IS IT TIME YET? :sign woo hoo: IS IT TIME YET? :sign woo hoo:

Geeesh I got to quit starting stuf so early! :yikes: I been ready to do this ride since Ken, Lisa and I talked about it in July.

Awh, come on clock TICK, then TOCK, you can do it.

Bryan

Hang in there Bryan we have the davison family in 2 weeks Im off from 9/2 thru 9/13 :cool10: heading up to PIP will leave there on tues. morning heading wright down to New Hampton. I will save you a site any suggestions on where to set up :whistling:

Whoa there Bryan!

You know what's coming not long after that ride in Oct.

I'll just wait patiently and enjoy the warmer weather for a few more weeks.

If you need to get out some, there's always the Pork in the Pines next weekend!

Later, Scooter Bob

Hey Bob will you be joining us in Oct.that would be awesume we would finally get a chance to sit down and do some real BS and sip some refreshments together

Hey Bob will you be joining us in Oct.that would be awesume we would finally get a chance to sit down and do some real BS and sip some refreshments together

Karen got her hours switched around, and the dog sitters are all set!:thumbsup2:

Just booked half the duplex cabin.:cool10:

I hope it's near the festivities:beer:,

but hard to tell with their website not working.:bang head:

See yall there, Scooter Bob and Karen.

It's in the books Ken. ;)

But we might have to wait that long for "a chance to sit down and do some real BS and sip some refreshments together".:thumbsup2: I'll probably be at PIP Saturday afternoon.

Later, Scooter Bob

Hang in there Bryan we have the davison family in 2 weeks Im off from 9/2 thru 9/13 :cool10: heading up to PIP will leave there on tues. morning heading wright down to New Hampton. I will save you a site any suggestions on where to set up :whistling:

The rest of them set up a site just "west" of the pool. You should see signs and Ventures parked around. Lisa and I will be there Friday after noonish.

See you there! :sign woo hoo:

Bryan

Hey Bryan,

Just wanted to let you know Gary and I were back over there this past weekend. Our usual place in Soldiers Grove was booked so we stayed at Kickapoo Corners.

They are under new managment. Once again, the beds were really comfy in the motel.

Just wanted to let you know the web site is down for now. For anyone that hasn't booked yet there are 2 phone numbers you can call:

1-608-629-9999

1-608-629-8669

Also, we had breakfast there the next morning and the biscuts and gravy were delicious!!!

Hey Bryan,

Just wanted to let you know Gary and I were back over there this past weekend. Our usual place in Soldiers Grove was booked so we stayed at Kickapoo Corners.

They are under new managment. Once again, the beds were really comfy in the motel.

Just wanted to let you know the web site is down for now. For anyone that hasn't booked yet there are 2 phone numbers you can call:

1-608-629-9999

1-608-629-8669

Also, we had breakfast there the next morning and the biscuts and gravy were delicious!!!

Deb,

Glad to hear that! I am "planning" on getting there late afternoon on Thursday the 7th. Getting a fire started and cooking some chili for anyone that comes in "and wants some" Thursday night.

I get up early also, and plan on cooking some (sausage, hash-browns, eggs and cheese all mixed together) at least one morning. Anyone that wants to eat can or they can go to the restaurant, their choice.

Need to find out if anyone wants to grill burgers or brats for supper? Bill said he has a good meat market by him that he could get some meat at too. (More time to sit around the fire and BS & drink and tell lies and not worry about riding while "feeling good", if you know what I mean?

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

What > Leaf looker weekend In Wisconsin

Where > Reedstown, Wisconsin (Kickapoo campground / Crooked River resort, motel , cabins and campground.)

When > October 7th to the 10th (8th and 9th as tour / ride days)

Rides > Rides will leave campground at 10:00am'ish "as it will be cool", returns before sunset.(Ken AKA 920SHREK1 has a ride planned for one day and I have a ride for the other one. You can come join us or ride your own ride and join us at night for campfire, food, drinks & BS.)

Campfire, Welcome to have some Chili on Thursday night the 7th, Grill some burgers and or brats after rides. I'll make some breakfast at least a couple of mornings.

Pretty trees, Great roads, Good friends, Did I mention warm up by campfire and BS and drinks after the days rides?

So who all / how many are coming? So we know how much food and such.

Only 19 days to go!

Bryan