IGNORED

What unmarked cars are they using in your state

muffinman

Due to the changing of vehicles in North Carolina I am wondering what kinds of cars or trucks the state troopers using in your state.

We now have

Dodge mini vans

Magnum wagons and coupes

Vettes

Durangos

pickups

Mitsubishi 3000 gt

Now remember these are all Unmarked cars

tell me what your state is useing.

Jeff

I think they are starting to use Dodge Chargers here. I've seen many marked one, so I'm sure there are a few unmarked as well.

Also, the MN State Patrol has a new fleet of Harley's. Just in case you plan to blow a Harley off the road with your 1st gen you may want to make sure it is not a maroon and gold color Harley first.

new "dodge chargers, crown vic's, f-150 pickups,all unmarked(stick out like a sore thumb!)

these are "sheriff's dept. cars, not highway patrol cars!

texas d.p.s., drives run of the mill crown victoria s, and weights and measures , guys drive f-150 pickups.

oh! and dept of public safty , also has two helicopters.

just jt

In Illinois I have seen older mini pickups, the odd camaro, Chargers, of course the new FWD Impala and several versions of the newest Crown Vic.

They are getting real crafty, and you have to watch out for almost anything.

I try to keep speeds to no more than 5 or 6 over the limit in my car or bike. The saying I have heard from a lot of Illinois cops is:

Eight (over) you are Great! Nine you are mine.

In many many miles I have found I arrive more rested and relaxed if I keep it just a few over, and I only lose a few minutes. Even an all day trip, you don't gain that much unless you are at least 20 over, and at those speeds, the odds aren't with you.

Having said that, my Venture Royale looses it's whine and George Jetson chirp right at 70 and becomes quiet and smooth as silk. Funny how nice it is, and 75 starts to feel REAL good. Got to rein that in though or risk losing money that I can't afford to lose. :)

Guest KitCarson
In Illinois I have seen older mini pickups, the odd camaro, Chargers, of course the new FWD Impala and several versions of the newest Crown Vic.

I try to keep speeds to no more than 5 or 6 over the limit in my car or bike. The saying I have heard from a lot of Illinois cops is:

In many many miles I have found I arrive more rested and relaxed if I keep it just a few over, and I only lose a few minutes. Even an all day trip, you don't gain that much unless you are at least 20 over, and at those speeds, the odds aren't with you.

Having said that, my Venture Royale looses it's whine and George Jetson chirp right at 70 and becomes quiet and smooth as silk. Funny how nice it is, and 75 starts to feel REAL good. Got to rein that in though or risk losing money that I can't afford to lose. :)

That is where Cricket becomes quiet also......65 in 4th......higher in 5th........smooth as silk at 75.

Around town or back roads at 45 or 50, one of those lazy afternoon rides, just to enjoy the fact you are alive.....it is a very high pitched annoying situation....shure is.......still waiting......if they do not soon resolve it......well.......may just go back to Harley.......at this point I am finally getting somewhat upsit about it. Kit

State Police have been working our county most of the summer, just ask Stardbog, he was quite a few over the speed limit but the word is they have been giving 6 miles over but the county LEO's have been giving 10 for years.

Bout any type of car and I have even seen Vette's out on the toll road.

Jerry

Seeing a lot of Mustangs with LE in them in our area.. NOt exactly sure what their thoughts are in handling arrests in such a small car but there sure seem to be a lot of stangs around here.. Inititally I thought that maybe Ford was giving donors to LE but now I here that is not the case. I here that most buying committees look at fuel effiecency and repair stats and the stang came back with great scores...

Small motored stangs with turbos are efficient and FAST all in one..

Guest kozman01

In Ohio, we don't have many unmarked cars and the ones we do have are not allowed to pull over vehicles. That's not to say that they can't radio in another car to pull you over but to do that you'd have to be driving like some insane mental patient. Bottom line, no unmarked cars in Ohio.

I try to keep speeds to no more than 5 or 6 over the limit in my car or bike. The saying I have heard from a lot of Illinois cops is: Eight (over) you are Great! Nine you are mine. :)

This is probably the safest and best advice you can follow. Here in New York the rule was always if your going 7 mph or less over the posted speed limit on most express roads (major Hwys) they will leave you alone.

Speed kills...and it costs a lot of money if your caught!

State Police have been working our county most of the summer, just ask Stardbog, he was quite a few over the speed limit but the word is they have been giving 6 miles over but the county LEO's have been giving 10 for years.

Bout any type of car and I have even seen Vette's out on the toll road.

Jerry

Dang, wish I had known that last month as I drove way over the limits on the tollways don there. I lucked out and wasn't detected. I'm so used to empty state trooper cars parked along the tollway that I really don't even slow down for them much.

I have seen Texas DPS using Chargers in the hill country and they have a large addition of Tahoes through out the state as well.

I know that here in Collin County DPS tested at least one car that was all black several years ago. They are normally black and white.

I had my radar det singing many times this summer, and never did pick out the patrol car. They could be useing anything for wheels.

One Wa. State HP, works HYW 18 east of Seattle, he has an old late 50's Ford pickup truck. It looks like a pile of Junk from the outside. But the running gear and engine, and tires, are PRIMO !!

And his Red Lights work just fine.