IGNORED

Stoopid Rain

Dave77459

I left Houston after work Thursday, rode to Shreveport for dinner with a friend, then bunked down in Jackson, MS. Got up Friday after a couple hours and rode in the [relatively] cool air, dodging deer. Made it to Indianapolis in time to collect my wife from her flight. We rode together Saturday to my parents here in Battle Creek, Michigan. It was a good ride, collecting MS, TN, KY, IL, IN, OH, and MI for my ride map over 1500-ish miles. :)

Today's the family reunion, with a 70% chance of rain. We'll get wet but at least I'll have a good time tell whoppers to my extended family. :)

After that, rain rain GO AWAY! We're heading up to the U.P. on Monday, touring around until I deposit her in Green Bay on Wednesday. I don't like to camp in the rain!

Worse, after I drop her, I'm heading to Minneapolis for another reunion and it calls for thunder. Worster still, I am planning to head to Omaha via Fargo to collect WI, MN, ND, SD, and IA, and it calls for more thunder. I guess its a good thing I have 5 days to go those 1700 miles, because my future looks to include sitting under overpasses.

I hate spending so much time carefully planning a trip and then having it disrupted by weather. But I ride so as to be part of nature, experiencing the world without the insulating cocoon of a cage. I guess weather is a small price to pay.

I don't suppose riding in thunder is a good idea? :innocent:

I miss hanging out here and catching up on your lives, but I have a horizon to meet!

Dave

The thunder ain't what's going to be your problem.......the lightening is what might cause some issues though. :whistling:

Well, I'll try to get some sunshine for you when you come through Omaha. It's been pretty iffy around here for pleasant days. If it's not raining......it's so humid it knocks ya down. I left the house at 4:00 AM the other morning at it was 85 degrees already with humidity at 83. Heat index hit 110 by early afternoon.

Ride safe........

Mike

Worse, after I drop her, I'm heading to Minneapolis for another reunion and it calls for thunder. Worster still, I am planning to head to Omaha via Fargo to collect WI, MN, ND, SD, and IA, and it calls for more thunder. I guess its a good thing I have 5 days to go those 1700 miles, because my future looks to include sitting under overpasses.

Dave

When you get to Minneapolis and if you have some time give a shout I would like to meet a fellow Venture rider.

Bubber

For what its worth, Its NOT, Raining in Seattle this week !!!

Been sitting in the Sun all day today, and went rideing for the last three days!!

I even had to water the grass today-- I almost forgot how to do that -- its been a long time since I had to do that job. :big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks y'all for your customary encouragement! LOL Ride report coming up, but meanwhile...

Oh Dang! Dave likes burgers? Now I know why he's coming through Omaha.

Dave.....your headed for Stellas aren't you. Nobody that likes burgers would miss a landmark burger joint like Stellas.

I'm just sayin' ya know.............

I'm just saying... Stella's. I have lots of friends who know I like burgers, and steer me to the good ones!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4821785478_1a4d2cfb1b.jpg