IGNORED

I'm in Lancaster N or S Carolina & need help

86er

I'm headed back to GA and my pull cable on the throttle just broke. Anyone near here?

I'm going to try and hook the push cable to the pull side.

I have a used one I could overnight to you.

Upper or lower cable.

Gary

Hey Todd... Got your cell phone message about the throttle cable. You were really breaking up so only caught bits and pieces of what you were saying. Kinda thought you were local and was ready to climb on the horse and come rescue you. White hat and all.... :) Anyway to answer your question about undoing the cables, the only way I've been able to do it is by removing the carbs, and it's a PITA. If anyone has a better way com'on over and show me 'cause I ain't gonna believe it until I see it in person. My suggestion would be to rent a trailer if someone on this board doesn't offer one up, and take it home. If you're pulling a trailer renting may be the only way to go to get one long enought to handle both units. Good luck.....

Edited by Condor

I'm not sure if it is the same on the Rsv as the RSTD, but I was able to remove both cables without removing the carbs. You'll need a long screwdriver or scribe to get the swedge out of the bellcrank. Not too bad of a job. I'm not sure if the cables are the same length. You might need to swap them at the grip end too.:178:

U can get to them with the airbox off. I got the cable swapped and tied off to the front Carb. Ill posts pics later. If I can get the airbox back on I'm out of here.

Thanks Y'all.

As George said, I got home OK at about 9pm with just a few "interesting" moments. Yes, when you swap the cables you reverse the control. You roll your hand forward to accelerate. You just have to stay aware. I have been mainly using my truck for the last few days but I went to bike night and rode to work today.

Before all this happened, I was planning to pull my trailer, with tools, to a bathroom remodel, but decided to take the truck thru' Atl. traffic!

I went to a bicycle shop today and bought a few cables and some generic ends, but after looking at things I decided to order the right cables from Flatout MCs at about 60 bucks. I'm gonna replace all but the cruise cable. A friend of mine said that I need to replace the cables every one hundred and fifty thousand miles and not go 150010 miles, which is where I changed my oil.

I want to thank everyone that responded to this thread. I was working with my smart phone. That is what is so great about this website. Sleeperhawk was ready to drive a couple of hours to come pick me up; hell, Condor was going to drive over here from Cal-I-Forn-I-A. The problem was that if I didn't make it to work on Wednesday, I would lose my holiday pay.