IGNORED

Southern Ontario Canada Day Ride

Wizard765

So if folks want to come along. We are planning an all day ride starting in Kitchener and going to Muskoka. If you were at the international in Kitchener it would be very similar to the ride we did then. Just nailing down the particulars.. like where to meet. Should be on the road by 8:30 so meet at 8:00 to get organized.

Anyone Interested??

Wayne

So far the plan would be Lunch in Bala... It will be an ALL DAY RIDE. For most of the ride at the Muskoka end we will not be too far from the Hwy if anyone wanted to bail. I cannot give a time we will be back because when I try to do that it always gets messed up depending on how many riders we have. If I was riding it myself I'd expect to be back around 7 or 8 PM. With a group it Always takes longer.

So far the plan would be Lunch in Bala... It will be an ALL DAY RIDE. For most of the ride at the Muskoka end we will not be too far from the Hwy if anyone wanted to bail. I cannot give a time we will be back because when I try to do that it always gets messed up depending on how many riders we have. If I was riding it myself I'd expect to be back around 7 or 8 PM. With a group it Always takes longer.

Sounds like about a 14 hr day,,,, can you shorten the route? so that we end up with about a 10 hr day?

Guest Swifty
So far the plan would be Lunch in Bala... It will be an ALL DAY RIDE. For most of the ride at the Muskoka end we will not be too far from the Hwy if anyone wanted to bail. I cannot give a time we will be back because when I try to do that it always gets messed up depending on whether Carl comes along or not. If I was riding with Swifty I'd expect to be back around 7 or 8 PM. With a group that Carl leads it always takes longer.

:rasberry:

Wizard, I'm working on doing this one, might be long shot though, will keep in touch. Weather is looking great for the most part...more chance of rain into the Haliburtons, but not the Muskokas.

Ok here we go..

Meeting 8 AM at the Pioneer BBQ (I actually know where that is):happy65:. Please come with a full tank and ready to ride.

Stopping in Mono Mills (corner of Airport Rd and Hwy 9) for fuel and coffee. Should be in Mono Mills by 10:30 if anyone wants to join us at that point.:happy34:

Bala for lunch..

This will be a long ride and through some amazing countryside. Part of the ride will be through one of the twistiest roads I know of in Ontario. I'm not a daredevil so this twisty will NOT be pegscraping but it IS BEAUTIFUL....

Wayne

Hoping to get my front tire replaced tomorrow - if so, I'll meet up in Mono Mills and ride to Bala for lunch - then head back as Lorie's grandkids will be visiting that night.

If the front tire is not done by the end of tomorrow, I'll have to pass and wish you all a safe ride - weather sounds magnificent!!!

Cheers

Eugene

Hey Wayne - I may hold off my ride north for a day in order to join you Thursday morning, probably at Mono Mills, for part of your day ride. If so, I would leave you probably somewhere near Bracebridge/Huntsville in order to head further north to our cottage on Lake Nipissing. Will let you know as soon as possible. Currently planning on riding further north to the Biker's Reunion at New Liskeard on Friday.

Guest Swifty
Ok here we go..

Meeting 8 AM at the Pioneer BBQ (I actually know where that is):happy65:.

...well for those of us who don't, at least give us a city as a hint. A street address would even be easier. Remember some of us will be on holidays without our thinking caps on.

...well for those of us who don't, at least give us a city as a hint. A street address would even be easier. Remember some of us will be on holidays without our thinking caps on.

That would be in Kitchener, on hi-way #8, Sports World Drive, close to the 401, used to be the Tu-Lane Restaurant, almost in Preston.

We will be ready at 7 am to leave our place in Brantford, and head for the Pioneer in Kitchener to be there at 8 am,,,,, any body joining us? As usual, we plan on being a little late so we should be leaving by 7:30 in order to arrive at the appointed spot for 8:15, it's only about a half hour ride,,, if we start on time,,,,,,,

Wayne

Thanks for taking the lead pilot role on this. WE, the Count and Countess, Steve and Michele will be on the trip and at Pioneer for 8:00 am.

For people travelling in, there is a TIM Horton right beside Pioneer, and if you need more, there is a McDonalds across the street, if your stomach can handle McD's at that time of the A.M.

Weather is looking incredible and looking forward to a great ride day. :big-grin-emoticon:

Steve

Hi Wayne: I think we will join you tommorrow but we will meet you on Hwy 9. I assume you are talking about the Tim Hortens just west of the corner on hwy 9

Yes.. Just a few meters west of airport road on #9 in Mono Mills. Looking forward to seeing everyone..

Wayne