IGNORED

Q's on Clearview W/S Vent

SilvrT

Was talking to brother-in-law yesterday (also a biker) about Clearview with vent and he was telling me a lot of his buddies who have them say they don't like the vent because they get road dirt 'n bugs commin thru them, they're a real PITA to clean, and when it's hot out, all yer gettin is more hot air.

What say ye all those who have these?

Hi Rick

I have the Clearview on mine and I luv it! Sure a few bugs get into the vanes but your open the vent when washing and they just fall out!!! Plus it is darn nice to cool down on a hot day with the vent, I couldnt beleive how much difference it made.

Check it out next week in Nelson, cause I am sure I will have some bugs on it, lol

Plus sometimes on windy days, Ill crack the vent a bit and it seems to stop some of the buffetting.

Brian

I have one. I like it. Yes, bugs get through. It gets soiled with bug innerds. It's not all that easy to clean. But, if I was doing it over again, I'd still get the vent.

With the stock windshield I always felt like I was being pulled forward. I keep the vent one notch open and don't get that sensation. That alone sells the vent for me.

open the vent when washing and they just fall out!!!

I am always careful not to get water on the dash area when I wash the scoot nor would I like to get bug guts, etc down the inside crack of the windshield. Wouldn't your suggestion defeat that?

I am always careful not to get water on the dash area when I wash the scoot nor would I like to get bug guts, etc down the inside crack of the windshield. Wouldn't your suggestion defeat that?

Nope I wipe the outside of the vent first then do the back, sowhen you flip the vent down it lays flat like a tray for you to sweep them off.

Brian

and when it's hot out, all yer getting is more hot air.

Well that is about the dumbest thing I ever heard. Considering where you live I'm not so sure they know anything about hot air, unless they self express it. But still, they would rather have no air? Any air coming through that vent is definitely cooler than the air rising off the engine that would be there if there was no vent. I have ridden several bikes without vents in the shield, including my RSV before I got the Clearview, not fun when it is hot. And being in Florida, I mean hot.

I agree the vent is worth it....one feature bout the vent is when closed it acts like a defroster pushing air up the backside of the shield. Like another said, it allows air to fill in behind it where it would normally create a vacuum effect making air flow more smoothly. As far as bugs and debrie, its never been an issue for me.

I used the stock shield for 2 years on my 05 RSV before going to the Clearview with the vent. I also added 2 additional airplane vents on the Clearview. Can you guess why the stock windshield has been in my garage for 3 years now? You only get 1 guess! Cleaning the bugs off is minor compared to not having any air coming through the windshield on a hot day.

More often then not 99% of all Brother In Laws are full of $@#%^&* and in this case he is WRONG Again, LOVE my Vent!!!

ummm... In his defense, wasn't him that was wrong... he doesn't have one... he was just passin info along that his buddies told him. I have no idea who these "buddies" are. I'm hopin to see him in Aug so I'll be sure to pass along what my buddies have told me. :thumbsup2:

You could buy a Goldwing vent for about $49 if you don't mind cutting into your factory windshield.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/3916_Factory_OEM_Honda_GL1800_Windshield_Air_Vent

I know others on this site have installed them. Maybe they could verify that this is in fact the one you would need as they sell different ones for the 1500 and 1800?

Thats what I intend on doing. Just keep it low (close to the dash).

You could buy a Goldwing vent for about $49 if you don't mind cutting into your factory windshield.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/3916_Factory_OEM_Honda_GL1800_Windshield_Air_Vent

I know others on this site have installed them. Maybe they could verify that this is in fact the one you would need as they sell different ones for the 1500 and 1800?

Thats what I intend on doing. Just keep it low (close to the dash).

Wasn't so much that I wanted to buy or install a vent... was just wondering about them so that when I purchase my Clearview, I can decide whether or not to get it with the vent. But thanks for the link anyway... maybe someone else might want to install a vent.

ummm... In his defense, wasn't him that was wrong... he doesn't have one... he was just passin info along that his buddies told him. I have no idea who these "buddies" are. I'm hopin to see him in Aug so I'll be sure to pass along what my buddies have told me. :thumbsup2:

YOU have buddies? .............................:stickpoke::group cheers: