IGNORED

So I have this Roto-Zip

Condor

Yesterday I decided to get out and replace a hatch port on a dinghy I have listed for sale. It came with just the ring. The screw in center disc was missing. The new port was about a 1/4" larger than the OEM ring. No problem, I have a Roto-Zip... The Zip came with a circle cutter that I've never had the chance to use, but it looked simple enough. The plan of attack was to cut a hole in a piece of plywood and then use it as a guide along with a veining bit to enlarge the hole in the dinghy. Well... let me tell you... that thing sucks. I started with a piece of ply about 4' long, and ended up screwing up the entire piece. But.... I did end up with 5 side stand discs... And I bet you thought this thread wasn't going to be motorcycle related.... :whistling::sign20:

Roto-Zips are miniature routers. If you try using it going in the wrong direction it'll get away from you.:rasberry: :rotf: Been there done that.

hmmm... I wonder if this would save me some space in my server cabinet...??? How many ports can you get them with? Are they capable of up to 1000mb?

hmmm... I wonder if this would save me some space in my server cabinet...??? How many ports can you get them with? Are they capable of up to 1000mb?

Probably not even up to, string & tin cans level......

another question or three... are they rack mountable and are they auto-speed selectable (10-100-1000 mb) ??? Are the ports managed or un-managed?

Yes, yes and yes!! you can put them on a rack if you wish, or a shelf, or in a cabinet, closet or whereever. they have infinite speed adjustments and you have to manage what you put in the port:witch_brew:

condors playing with his dinghy:think:

I wouldn't call it a dinghy, he's too old to be playing with a dinghy,,, don't know what you would call it now that he's been at it with a Roto Zip,,,, probably won't call it anything, because it wouldn't come anyways.

I wouldn't call it a dinghy, he's too old to be playing with a dinghy,,, don't know what you would call it now that he's been at it with a Roto Zip,,,, probably won't call it anything, because it wouldn't come anyways.

I'd compare it to a prune... all shrivelled up ... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :witch_brew: