IGNORED

Just ordered a Venture Mustang sear

Midrsv

After trying the Butler mod and a $350 rework of the stock seat and a new stock seat and still not satisfied I decided to try Mustang. I ordered the non-studded version with backrest for $670 delivered. They offer a 10 day return policy so I'll be able to try it out thoroughly before I keep it. They had 3 more in stock after my order. I should have it by next Tuesday and I'll provide a review after I've tried it out.

Dennis

After trying the Butler mod and a $350 rework of the stock seat and a new stock seat and still not satisfied I decided to try Mustang. I ordered the non-studded version with backrest for $670 delivered. They offer a 10 day return policy so I'll be able to try it out thoroughly before I keep it. They had 3 more in stock after my order. I should have it by next Tuesday and I'll provide a review after I've tried it out.

Dennis

Are you going to be at MD, would like to try the seat out. :whistling:

Let me know how that works out for you. Is this what the new seat looks like? http://www.bikebandit.com/mustang-wide-touring-seat-with-driver-backrest?WT.mc_id=1484958

No Harry, that is not the seat. There are photos in this thread. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47760&highlight=mustang

The seat isn't in their catalog yet.

Dennis

Are you going to be at MD, would like to try the seat out. :whistling:

No, unfortunately I won't be there. How will you be going to Don's? Any chance you are coming up I-75 through KY? If so, I could plan to meet you somewhere?

Dennis

I ordered the Mustang seat without the backrest last Thursday and received it Tuesday. It's great! Not nearly as soft as the stock seat and the vinyl is smoother so you don't stick to the seat after a couple of hours. I love it and I think you will too.

However, the vinyl does not match the passenger backrest - not even close. Mustang tells me that they do not plan to make passenger backrest for the Venture. I may see if they will sell me a couple of yards of the vinyl and see if I can find an upholsterer that can recover the backrest.

:Venture:

No, unfortunately I won't be there. How will you be going to Don's? Any chance you are coming up I-75 through KY? If so, I could plan to meet you somewhere?

Dennis

No I will be going up I77 (straight shot for us), but just maybe we will take the round about way home and come down I75. Just do not know at this time.

I ordered the Mustang seat without the backrest last Thursday and received it Tuesday. It's great! Not nearly as soft as the stock seat and the vinyl is smoother so you don't stick to the seat after a couple of hours. I love it and I think you will too.

However, the vinyl does not match the passenger backrest - not even close. Mustang tells me that they do not plan to make passenger backrest for the Venture. I may see if they will sell me a couple of yards of the vinyl and see if I can find an upholsterer that can recover the backrest.

:Venture:

When you say the vinyl doesn't match, is it the color or texture that is different? From the photos that I've seen it looks like the color may not be as dark.

Dennis

Did your Mustang seat arrive yet? :whistling:

Not yet. It's due here tomorrow. Eck is going to stop by on his way to MD or lunch on Wed and he'll get a chance to check it out. I'll ask him to give you a report when he get's there.

Dennis

Not yet. It's due here tomorrow. Eck is going to stop by on his way to MD or lunch on Wed and he'll get a chance to check it out. I'll ask him to give you a report when he get's there.

Dennis

put pics of the seat on the site when you get it. :whistling:

Dennis, I was considering the Butler mod, since I am vertically challenged. Why did you not like it? If I had a spare I would probably try it.

I know a lot of folks like the Butler mod but it just didn't work for me. It felt as though I were sitting on the frame. So after the mod I bought a new stock seat and was good again. After a season on that it felt like I was back on the frame again. For me I just think the foam breaks down in the stock seat after a season and doesn't provide the needed support. In the showroom the seats on a new Venture feels great.

Dennis

I know a lot of folks like the Butler mod but it just didn't work for me. It felt as though I were sitting on the frame. So after the mod I bought a new stock seat and was good again. After a season on that it felt like I was back on the frame again. For me I just think the foam breaks down in the stock seat after a season and doesn't provide the needed support. In the showroom the seats on a new Venture feels great.

Dennis

Pretty much how I feel too. It was not the tailbone but the butt bone area that is bugging me. Both Mechanic and I are considering the Mustang or Russell Day Long.

Sorry no photos tonight. UPS has screwed up again and didn't deliver the seat as scheduled. When I called to inquire about the delivery they promised it would be here tonight. 10 minutes later they rescheduled the delivery. They do this to me all the time. I think our route drive is just too lazy to get the job done. That's why I will not ship with UPS if there is an alternative.

Hopefully photos tomorrow.

Dennis

Still no photos. After fighting with UPS for 2 days my shipment was finally delivered around 6:30 tonight. Unfortunately, they sent me a seat for a Roadliner/Stratoliner even though the enclosed packing list clearly stated the order was for a Venture seat.

Maybe I'll get a decent seat in time for my trip next month.

Dennis