IGNORED

Howdy Goldwingers!

What is it with Wingnuts that don't ride their bikes, sort of like the HD guys, like to leave them sit and look at them. Only 29,000 on an 06 geeeez :stirthepot::stirthepot::rasberry:

Oh, like the color. still looking for a great deal on a white one, though.

What is it with Wingnuts that don't ride their bikes, sort of like the HD guys, like to leave them sit and look at them. Only 29,000 on an 06 geeeez :stirthepot::stirthepot::rasberry:

if you go to the main wing site they have a million mile club. the wingnuts over there consider 200,000 miles on their wings, low mileage. they must live on them. i have 14500 on my 08 but including my other four bikes, i ride about 25,000 mi. a year. maybe a little less this year due to a horrendous winter, and staying home with momma a little more. maybe see you in memphis. bill :2133:

I've only had it since last Thanksgiving. Put 9k on since then. It was a wet and cold winter.:depressed:

my just purchased '04 has 46,000 miles on it by the original owner. I have put 700 on it in the first week. Many in the GWRRA chapter Z in Peoria, IL (I joined it also a few years ago) have 100,000 plus on their bikes and travel 500-1000 miles a week during the summer.

There will always be those with any brand bike that just let it sit, but by and large, I have found FAR fewer Wings with low miles more than a couple years old, than with Harley. It is easy to find a 2-5 YO or older Ultra (or other model HD) with just a few thousand (4our digits instead of 5!). They are all over the place. One guy was all proud of the fact that he traded his 2009 in on a 2010 with only 4000 miles on it and he could document the TWO, yes, TWO trips he took on it!

figured I would post something technical

Anyone interested in seeing my GW, it's in my profile.

You can get GW manual downloads here..

http://www.goldwingdocs.com/index.asp?404;http://www.goldwingdocs.com:80/Docs/Honda%20Goldwing%20GL1800%202001%20to%202004%20Parts%20Manual-31C6B.pdf

Interested in buying a used GW.. Good info here.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/used1800.htm

Well GW'ers we've got our own section of the forum. Thanks Don! :thumbsup2:

Now that we can come out of the closet how about posting some pics of your Wings?

Here's a couple of mine. It's an '06 Airbag model with 29K mi on the odo.

I LOVE the colour!

Attached are directions (including some photos I found) on how to repair the right hand brake lever "brake & cruise switch" on your GW.

I wrote detailed instructions on how I did mine (3 days ago), and now it works great..

Ok, I have an 08, Prem Audio. 30k miles. Really like the bike, but every time I see pics of my 03 RSV I still wish I had it too.

Is that the REAL reason you're not coming to MD? lol

You coming to the international rally? I'll even let you ride it.:rotfl:

Is that the REAL reason you're not coming to MD? lol

You coming to the international rally? I'll even let you ride it.:rotfl:

Pat

If it weren't for Snowflake I still have that Road killer:headache: With the trouble I had with my knee and hosp.bills at that point in time She talked me into selling it wish I never did now!! You being a good friend and knowing it has a good home helps but I still miss it a lot:(

now i got to tell my buddy about this section on the wings. I have been telling him how good this site is, and that there were wing riders on here, now he will have a reason to come onboard!

Here are some tech articles to help you on your GW..

Most of the files are in PDF and will require Adobe reader to view them.

The other files are word documents.

Have any questions, feel free to contact me by email or phone (phone listed in profile).

Added:

Changing rear tire on your GW.

Note; I personally changed my rear tire as seen in this video.

However, I added a couple safety factors that are not mentioned in the video.

(1) Put bike in gear so it does not roll backward or forward.

(2) use a plastic ty-wrap and wrap it around right handlebar and brake lever and pull tight to engage brakes to ensure bike does NOT move.

(3) Make sure you remove the right foot peg so it does not damage side valve cover on engine.

(4) Ok, turn up your sound and watch video (click on below link).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcGe-EcBy8]YouTube- Changing your rear tire on your GoldWing Motorcycle[/ame]

Edited by Eck

hey eck, thats good stuff. we wingers have all kinds of neat secrets. like new rear tires and wheels, factory mounted and balanced for $150.00 or less on ebay all the time. i bought a new swing arm, rearend, tire, wheel, brake disc, and rotor assembly on ebay for $227.00 plus shipping. a trike take off. how about 8000 mile oil and filter changes. not for me but thats what honda recommends. plug and play on most accessories, an aftermarket accessory supply almost comparable to hardley. how about an 80 watt sound system, and a 60 plus amp alternator i think it may be 100 amp. all this and 44 mpg. the list goes on. we need to get a tech library going for goldwing info. is that possible? :clap2::2133:

now i got to tell my buddy about this section on the wings. I have been telling him how good this site is, and that there were wing riders on here, now he will have a reason to come onboard!

If you want really good info on a Wing this is the place to be: More experts than you can shake a large stick at........ Check out the Sub Forums too for the specialized info Nuts to Soup

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forums.php