IGNORED

Avon mileage

naturbar

i noticed after my last ride the rear tire was at the point of needing replacing. i've been running the Avon Venon X and really am satisfied with it. i got 8500 miles on the rear and 95% of my riding is two up (07 RSTD). is that in line with what others who run the Avon are getting out of their rear tire? i run 42lbs in it. my front tire looks to be in very good condition and was wondering what others are getting out of their front Avons?

btw i ordered a new rear Avon from SW Moto on 5-9 and the new tire arrived today-this is my second time dealing with them and they are fast.

I have got around 21k on my front tire, when I changed out my rear tire I think I had around 12k on it...

i noticed after my last ride the rear tire was at the point of needing replacing. i've been running the Avon Venon X and really am satisfied with it. i got 8500 miles on the rear and 95% of my riding is two up (07 RSTD). is that in line with what others who run the Avon are getting out of their rear tire? i run 42lbs in it. my front tire looks to be in very good condition and was wondering what others are getting out of their front Avons?

btw i ordered a new rear Avon from SW Moto on 5-9 and the new tire arrived today-this is my second time dealing with them and they are fast.

I've got approx 15,000 on both the front and rear Avons now. I run 42 in the front also and 48 in the rear. From the looks of it I'm going to get a lot more miles out of both ends.

No cracking, cupping or uneven wear showing on either tire.

I ride solo most the time.

I have never gotten less than 14000 out of a rear Avon, 2up 99% most of the time, and not sitten around neither, lots of miles on the super slab. Also put 46lb in the rear and 42 up front and always 2 rear tires for every 1 front tire.

Very happy with my first set of avons. 18K on them and I probably could have gotton another 4or5K out of the front but I decided to change them both at the same time. Went with the venoms again on April 1st and just took them off because the side wall on the new rear tire is blistering. Sent them back and went with the Dunlop E-3's. We'll see how they handle. I sure hope Avon can correct their problems because I really liked the way them tires handled and how well they wore.

thanks for the input gentlemen - seems i may have been running too low air pressures in my tires - im going tostart running 46-48 in rear and 42 in front.

one question (i used the search function w/ no luck) about the tire build date - i see a 4309 inside an oval on the sidewall - would that be apr. 09 build?

thanks for the input gentlemen - seems i may have been running too low air pressures in my tires - im going tostart running 46-48 in rear and 42 in front.

one question (i used the search function w/ no luck) about the tire build date - i see a 4309 inside an oval on the sidewall - would that be apr. 09 build?

That would put you in to November 2009. The 46 stands for the week of the year the tires were built.

My last Avon wore through the cords at about 7-8 thousand miles. The Metzler after that got even less. When I put on my next tire, which was another Avon, I could feel that something was wrong with the way my bike felt. I replaced the bearings in the rear wheel and the bike felt much better and now I've got about 10,000 miles or so on that same Avon and it still has about 50% of the tread left. To bad that same tire is having the sidewall cracking issues. I got another one hanging on the wall in the garage/nursery that I got under warranty waiting for this one to get burnt off.

My first 2 sets of Avon's were wonderful. 12 - 15 on rear tires. Almost double on fronts. I ran the 42 /48 pressures also.

third set cracked and Avon replaced no charge. My rear of that set was replaced yesterday after about 9000 miles. Cords showing all of a sudden. Side walls starting to crack also. On the bike about a year.

I replaced it with Dunlop E-3 also. Waiting for front tire of the same, but bike handles really good with the mixed set.

We'll see how the E-3 works out.