IGNORED

I had an iridectomy

mini-muffin

I know you have no idea what that is unless you had one, maybe even two. It's laser surgery to prevent closed angle glaucoma. Now nobody in my family has glaucoma, but that never stopped me before. Gotta be first sometimes. So back in March I went to get my eye's checked for new glasses (got bifocals) and found out I'm a candidate for glaucoma (who knew I didn't sign up for this, someone must have nominated me). Anyway I totally forgot to ask if I could get contacts because he kinda threw me with that one. He told me my eye pressure was a bit high (for info normal pressure is between 12 and 22) I was at 18. So I had to go back in April to see if it was still high, it was. So today I had my iridectomy. They put a bunch of drops in my eye and one of them was to do the opposite of dilating your eyes. (my pupil is literally a dot) They put this lens in my eye to direct the laser to the right spot. That felt kinda weird too. Plus they put a jelly on it which feels kinda gooey. Then a really quick zap (he said it would feel like a bee sting, wish he hadn't said that) Then it was over. Then I had to drive home with my eye watering like a faucet was turned on. It's finally a bit more normal now. I go back next thursday for my check up and I'm guessing to make my next appointment for the other eye. He said to check it, but I'm betting it has to be done as well. His tech was cute she asked if I'd had this before I said no she was surprised cause I was so calm. I've had plenty of stuff done to my right eye over the years. I was born with Ptosis (don't pronounce the P) plus astigmatism and lazy eye all in the same eye. Now I have this and I also seem to have floaters in that eye. Talk about piling on. But I've been going to ophthalmologists since I was 6 months old so I'm use to it. Plus since they found this out so early I shouldn't have any damage to my eyes now from that. So you really should get your eye's checked every year never know what you might catch early. Glaucoma doesn't have any real noticeable symptoms till it's doing damage. Well that's my PSA for the day.

Margaret

Guest seuadr

aw man, that sucks.

i read it as an I ride ctomy. tought you were gonna say you were hanging up the helmet, so to speak.

better than not riding anymore i suppose.

aw man, that sucks.

i read it as an I ride ctomy. tought you were gonna say you were hanging up the helmet, so to speak.

better than not riding anymore i suppose.

Nope, I think she is spending too much time, in 4 wheels & not enough time on 2 wheels, though.........

:bang head::bang head::canada:

Hey, I got silicone implants! Funny, when I tell a guy that he immediately looks at my chest, when I tell a girl that she looks at my crotch. Neither one figures I am talking about my eyes.

Got cataracts and astigmatism problems. Would have been blind in a year. They mapped out my eyes, what a light show, like being on LSD. Did my left eye, cut out the lens and replaced it with the silicone one in about 20 minutes. Totally painless. A month later they did my right eye. Took about 1/2 hour which is long. It had the worst astigmatism so was more difficult to line up. I encourage anyone with eye problems to check out what they can do. It is amazing.

Wow Mini, glad they caught it early. You are a trooper. Didnt they tell you that you shouldn't drive after that procedure??:whistling: While you were having that done I had an Optirectomy! That is the procedure where the sever the nerve from you eye to your A$$Hole so you don't have such a ****ty outlook on life:rasberry: It didn't work!:rotfl:

So you all don't worry about me having to drive home, it was ok. My left eye is way more dominant then the right. Over the years I guess the good eye has overcompensated for the bad eye. So actually I didn't need it to drive. The only real pain was the tearing but I had tissue to stick under my glasses. Kinda like a make shift patch. Must have looked interesting from outside the truck. It really was no big deal, did feel like a bee sting when he zapped me, but by the time ya feel it it's over.

Margaret