IGNORED

Fairing eyebrows

1BigDog

I Finley got the residue off I used a No.0000 scuffing pad and No.7 Polishing Compound and about 20Min. later with a lot of elbow grease it was gone. I applied a cote of polish and it looks like new. Thanks everyone for the help, this is a great sight. TOP CAT:cool10:

the eyebrows are the two chrome strips on the faring one on each side

bumble bee

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

columbia sc

Had to go to the Y USA page to see what everyone was talking about. The reason I didn't know what they were is the previous owner had already removed them..... or they didn't come on the '99 to begin with... :) The term Eye Brows sorta threw me. Ida called them accents... :confused07:

Are these what all you guys are talking about?

Circled in red...

Bill

P.S. Maybe if you guys took them off, there would be less wind resistance, and maybe you could keep up with us first geners a bit better?:whistling:

:rotf::bighug:

Yep, thems the eyebrows. And 2nd Gens don't need to be fast, we're not trying to outrun the ugly. :rasberry:

Are the eye brows there for a reason???? I've heard they are used to channel the water away from the windshield. Has anyone who have removed theirs noticed a difference riding in the rain or on wet roads?

One thing I noticed with or without eyebrows, when riding in the rain "you get wet"...its true.... AND my ice cream melts faster...:fnd_(16):