IGNORED

Fuel pump crapped out

murph35640

Last wednesday we were getting ready to leave for Gatlinburg with 27 other folks for a weekend of riding and fun, naturally I had to work late so was already running late. At about 10 pm I went out to hook up the trailer and check all the lights and stuff and the bike just shut down on me. I determined that the fuel pump was not working so I called a buddy of mine who rides a wing trike but also has a yamaha two wheeler for solo riding. Told him that I would have to wait until the dealer opened the next day to get a pump and that I would just meet them up there later in the day. The first thing he said was to just come get his pump and make the trip and then get a replacement later! So at about 11 pm I was taking parts off of someone elses bike so that my trip wouldn't be ruined! Made the swap and the trip went great. I don't think many folks would have offered to let someone take parts off their bike in that situation so my hat is off to Roger McClure aka: Mama Chicken from Somerville Al.

Now that is what I call a pure hearted Venturerider..one who gives up parts off his bike (or his bike) so another VR member can go for a ride..

Bless him and all the other members just like him..

Yep...that is a true friend. Now I've done it too but for me, it was a financial decision. After maintenance day a couple of years ago, Sleeperhawk's bike stopped running. We traced it down to a bad relay. This was on a Sunday so there were no Yamaha shops open and I doubt that the local shop would have had the relay anyway. So I loaned him the relay off my bike to get him home. Like I said, it was a financial decision. Either loan him the part or FEED him until it arrived. :whistling:

Yep...that is a true friend. Now I've done it too but for me, it was a financial decision. After maintenance day a couple of years ago, Sleeperhawk's bike stopped running. We traced it down to a bad relay. This was on a Sunday so there were no Yamaha shops open and I doubt that the local shop would have had the relay anyway. So I loaned him the relay off my bike to get him home. Like I said, it was a financial decision. Either loan him the part or FEED him until it arrived. :whistling:

Now just wait a second, I said lets go fishing for pond monsters and have a cook out. As soon as you heard eat the pond monsters, you couldn't give me the relay fast enough so we could leave. :moon::whistling:

By the way thanks for the part, we still talk about that weekend, the tire, Honda keeping the spacer, the acorn nuts not tighten properly, the relay going out and the rain. :cool10::cool10:

Yamaha must be having some fuel pump problems. They just replaced the pump and relay on my 2007 Venture with 26,000 miles. However there was some good news. I bought the bike from a dealer that went out of business right after I bought it. They never registered the sale with Yamaha. So the dealer I took it to had to register it as a sale before he could get the warranty work done. I just got a letter in the mail from Yamaha thanking me for my purchase. 2 1/2 years added to my warranty. Can you believe it? :cool10: