IGNORED

Frogg Toggs

E-Fishin-C

Hey Charlie:

Mine are the same as Carl's and they work well. I believe they are called Tekk Toadies. They are motorcycle specific. You need to get them large enough to get over your gear. The hoodie is important in heavy rain. We came back from Arkansas last year in a heavy rain that followed us for a full day. We stayed dry.

Wayne

I got the Road Toad set, which you can still buy but don't seem to be made any longer. I rode 1500 miles back from the Grand Canyon in rain, and never got wet. My jauntlet gloves got soaked and my hands turned black from the ink, but that was it. Of course, I have the giant windscreen of the RSTD to hide behind....

My buddy riding the R 1200 GS got totally soaked in his North Face full gear, Dexter's Laboratory rubber gloves, and over boots. Had to laugh at him in his $$$ stuff and me in my $59 Frogg Toggs.

That experience aside, there are problems. The nylon zipper has broken, so now all I have keeping my jacket together is the snaps. That happened half way back, so I put on my hi-viz vest and that sloughed off enough water that I still didn't get wet.

The pants are not "generous in the seat", so they bunch up and feel tight. I am not getting wet, but the cold rain can make me feel wet.

Remember when I said I put on the high-viz vest? These Road Toad set is "leather looking"... a dull brown colour. I think I want the Toadz Hornyz in Hi-Vis Green, because I want to be seen in bad weather. The problem with this model is I am not a fan of hoods, especially when they roll away to bunch at your neck and give you cramps. Well, and when they are under my helmet. I wonder if scissors could solve that problem?

Meanwhile, I'll just plan on staying dry in my Road Toads.

Dave

Hey Charlie:

Mine are the same as Carl's and they work well. I believe they are called Tekk Toadies. They are motorcycle specific. You need to get them large enough to get over your gear. The hoodie is important in heavy rain. We came back from Arkansas last year in a heavy rain that followed us for a full day. We stayed dry.

Wayne

I got the same ones.It was because I ran into Wayne at the bike show in Toronto and he pointed me in the direction, They are excellent . And yeh Charlie they are waterproof:big-grin-emoticon: