IGNORED

Zumo 665 - Any one using this?

thecount

So with the new Zumo 665 out, and at a heavy price, any one have any comments yet if they are using this unit?

Literally an all in one unit, GPS , XM statelite, blue tooth and all the feature of the 660.

Looking for feed back before I start looking to lighten up my wallet on the price.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Should have mine this week!! I will let you know then. :dancefool:

HI Wally,

Did your Zumo 665 arrive? Worth the money?

Looking to add one as well, and not sure I will purchase it here in Canada or US.

Thanks,

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 660 and LOVE it. The only difference that I can see is XM radio. So if you want that feature it is an awsome unit.

I've only had it for awhile but have had lots of use and fun with it. It's easy to read in any light. Plugs right into the bike's system. Plays MP3s. Can be a picture viewer as well. I like making routes on the computer and loading them up to follow. Easy to use and feelsl right. Garmin so far also stands behind their products very well in my opinion.

My opinion the 660 or 665 (if you want XM) is for sure the way to go in a MC GPS.

I'll give you an ear full when we see each other if you open that topic up.

:hurts:

Wayne

Ooops...I forgot to come back to this post.

Yes, I've had mine about 6 weeks now and just got off a 3200 mile ride using it.

Right now I would give it a B+, but I rate it that LOW only because it is very BUGGY right now. Garmin is NOTED for releasing their products with limited features and LOTS of BUGS in their software. However, Garmin is also (history has shown) released firmware fixes and sometimes even feature enhancements.

I have owned the 550, 660 and 665. The 550 was (and still IS) a great motorcycle GPS. The 660 was released and improved upon some of the shortcomings of the 550, but DID NOT include the XM radio service. When the 665 came out, I sold the 660 and got the 665.

I think the 665 (with bugs and all) is the best one they have ever released. The weather package is a must if you do any long distance traveling and mine worked VERY WELL on this trip.

The XM radio gives you unlimited and uninterrupted music for as long as you're riding.

The navigation is where the problem lies right now. With some routes the unit will shut down, and sometimes when it loses satellite reception, it will shut down.

Mine shut down maybe 6 times over 3200 miles, but I just turned it back on and it would pick up right where it left off.

GARMIN WILL FIX THIS SOON!!

Would I buy this high priced "TOOL" again...you BETCHA!!

When they get the firmware updated to fix the crashes...this little gem will get an A+ from me!!! And while there are just a couple of LITTLE things I would change on the 665, I would still give it the A+.

I also have the 665. On my last trip of 2300 miles also saw some of the issues with it randomly shutting off. Have updated software since, but no long trips to check fix. I am a big xm fan which is why I wanted the 665. Also agree the weather pkg is great. Lets you know when you are about to get wet and works extemely well. First time I got one up on my brothers wings with navi. Both were wishing they had the weather feature. FYI, got mine from PCNation for 852, and garmin has a MIR of $100 going now, still pricey but probably worth it.

I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading to the 665 just because of the larger screen. I wonder though what a used 550 is worth? Think I could get $500 for it WITH the XM puck? I did upgrade the maps on it a couple of months ago.

Don...Yes, I think you can get that. I sold my 550 with the puck for $550 about a month ago. As long as it is in good shape...you should be able to anywhere from $475-550 bucks for it and it would be a fair deal for you AND the person buying the unit.

Wally

No, you can find them between 8 and 9 hundred. The 665 comes with the puck so that is not extra on it.

Oh, I did not know the puck came with the unit.

Hmmm, that does make it interesting to upgrade especially if we can get 500 bucks for the 550 with puck. :scratchchin:

Yes the XM radio, NavWeather and Traffic are all subscriptions. However, I could care less about the Traffic...the weather is VERY NICE to have.

Something else that others considering this unit should know is that NOT ONLY is the XM radio included (the hockey puck)...but the Garmin zumo 665 package includes BOTH the bike cradle (with power cord) AND the Automotive mount.

The zumo 665 is not for everyone...but I enjoy my music and I am a "gadget" guy, so it fits well for me.

Again, the 665 does have a few software issues...but I am sure Garmin is addressing those and mostly they are just annoyances. Once they get those ironed out...The 665 will be the BEST MOTORCYCLE GPS on the market right now...with the zumo 550 being second.

I have the 660 and it came with all the attachments for bike and car. I have used it in both and also have a older nuvo and so far I have had to get the older one out to finally find were I am looking for 3 out of 5 times for some reason the zumo wont let me put the whole address in or it goes to the other side of were I need to be. If I want 1oo w 200e it will take me 100w 200w or not let me put it in all the way. I love the bigger screen and how you can see it in the sun but I dont know how to fix this and for some reason I cant down load a route on it. The site like mapquest will show its down loaded but I cant find it on the gps. Maybe need to have someone show me the ins and outs on this thing I guess.

I have the 660 and it came with all the attachments for bike and car. I have used it in both and also have a older nuvo and so far I have had to get the older one out to finally find were I am looking for 3 out of 5 times for some reason the zumo wont let me put the whole address in or it goes to the other side of were I need to be. If I want 1oo w 200e it will take me 100w 200w or not let me put it in all the way. I love the bigger screen and how you can see it in the sun but I dont know how to fix this and for some reason I cant down load a route on it. The site like mapquest will show its down loaded but I cant find it on the gps. Maybe need to have someone show me the ins and outs on this thing I guess.

So you finally put that GPS on your bike? I'll have to take a look at it Kevin. Should help me decide how badly I want to upgrade.

I've got the 550 with the puck as well as lifetime update card. been thinking about getting the 665 and use it in the Silverado as well. If I do that, I've also got a nuvi 1490 with lifetime update card I'll sell. Don't know how to handle the XM then since it's in the truck as well as the zumo :think: probably have to leave it in both - not that much anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered mine from http://www.pcnation.com/web/index.asp I've bought from them before and always had great experiences. They show the price to be $999.00 but when you place it in your shopping cart, the selling price of $852.82 is what you actually pay. It's about as good a deal as I could find, at least from a reputable seller that I was familiar with. That price does include free shipping or a special overnight shipping rate of $11.90.

Mine is supposed to be here on Monday. Will be easy to install because it's just replacing the 550 that I already had mounted.