IGNORED

The joys of farm life

bj66

Those of you who know me from the chat room, know that I farm for a living. Mother nature has decided to make it extremely difficult for us in my area. We have been extremely wet for the last year and a half. Here a a few pictures that are kind of cool. The outfit that is stuck spreads fertilizer prior to seeding the ground. He got stuck in a sinkhole. The rest of the ground is fit for planting, It took us a full day to get him out, using a backhoe, and 2 4wd tractors. AINT FARMING FUN!

Neighbor of mine had a hired man burry his 4wd tractor in the spring and he did something I had never seed done before. He cut down a tree near the and cut it into 4 foot logs then straped the logs to the tires with chains and the logs picked the tractor right up out of the hole slick as you know what.

Neighbor of mine had a hired man burry his 4wd tractor in the spring and he did something I had never seed done before. He cut down a tree near the and cut it into 4 foot logs then straped the logs to the tires with chains and the logs picked the tractor right up out of the hole slick as you know what.

that i would love to see???

--- Here a a few pictures that are kind of cool. The outfit that is stuck spreads fertilizer prior to seeding the ground. He got stuck in a sinkhole. ---It took us a full day to get him out, using a backhoe, and 2 4wd tractors. AINT FARMING FUN!

Bernie - My nephew here in Ontario does custom work with one of those huge machines. I will show him your pictures when I see him tomorrow.

It was years back and I was crossing Missouri when I noticed what appeared to be small circus setting up in a field. At first glance I knew I had to pull over and watch.

There was typical farmers "field car" pretty much sunk up to its door handles. Beyond that and attached by chains was a 4X4 pickup sunk to its axles. Attached to that was a rear drive w/duals Massey tractor sunk up to its belly. As I watched a group of muddied and frustrated looking fellas were hooking up a 4X4 tractor with duals all around.

I remember the series of thoughts I had watching that.

Is this the evolution of farming?

Are they building "Farmhenge"?

They aren't going to try to pull them out all at the same time are they?

And of course......There has to be a better way to make a living!

I had to leave my front row seat when a Trooper rolled up and a told me I couldn't park there. We talked for a bit and he said it happens all the time. I noticed he was lingering leaning against his fender as I pulled away so I figured he was interested in the results of the next attempt himself.

It all seemed like a lot of work to me.

Nice photos bj! You have taught me a lot about farming from chating with you on the chat room. I just want to thank you and all the other farmers who work so hard to get those crops in and even more work to harvest the crops.

The country would be in horrible trouble if we did not have our hard working farmers across the entire country.

Yama Mama

I saw something like this done on a 2 wheel drive tractor stuck in the mud. Chained a pole about 6" in diameter and about 8' or 9' long to one of the rear wheels and slowly let it "pole" itself out of the hole. VERY DANGEROUS looking, but most farm equipment is, gotta always keep your head on your shoulders and pay attention. :bowdown:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM]YouTube- Corb Lund - Truck Got Stuck[/ame]

Apparently written after big valley jamboree in camrose.

I heard about the canola seed, Mighty unhappy people over that!

Those of you who know me from the chat room, know that I farm for a living. Mother nature has decided to make it extremely difficult for us in my area. We have been extremely wet for the last year and a half. Here a a few pictures that are kind of cool. The outfit that is stuck spreads fertilizer prior to seeding the ground. He got stuck in a sinkhole. The rest of the ground is fit for planting, It took us a full day to get him out, using a backhoe, and 2 4wd tractors. AINT FARMING FUN!

I guess what want to know is.... Why aren't you growing hops???