IGNORED

Wheels???

Yammer Dan

I got "Brown Sugar" scattered all over the driveway. Cleaning a little and just getting to know her. How do you guys clean wheels?? I would just spray them off and let them go but don't seem right on this one. Those things are a B to clean! Tear fingers up!! :confused24:

Retire and ride my a**

Only way I can keep away from Warden is tinker with Bike.:whistling:

Thats all I ever did but these seem to want more.

I miss "Ugly"

3 years ago, I cleaned mine with an orange based cleaner and steel wool and then finished up with a product called: Classic Cloth, made by none other than Classic Cloth International,(who'd thought) Box 88842 Sioux Falls, South Dakota,57105. Product # 188. I haven't had a problem cleaning them since. The painted part get dirty and is harder to clean, but the aluminum rim part, cleans up real easy,,,, not that I clean it that often, but that stuff sure works, it's a bit of effort the first time, but after that it's a breeze,,,,,,can't believe it actually came from the States,,,,WOW.

I always used warm soapy water, works for me..

Why is it every time you get a bike you tear it down? :think:

Must be that First gen. syndrome:(

Just getting to know her!! And trying to figure out why she starts acting as soon as I get her!!

Been there done that as well On my 83 Venture not a thing wrong with it yet I tore it down and was doing all the maintenance on everything I could think of and Peg thought I lost my mind the Eureka Springs meet was in two weeks and here I had it all over the garage floor bolts and parts everywhere She figured I would be lost but everything went great and was pulling wheelies in Eureka Springs Only part of the trip Peg hated was that part. LOL

Sounds like we might be related? bike parts all over the floor..:)

Hope you get her figured out Big D...

Use a soft soapy brush to get the painted areas cleaned up and 0000 steel wool for the exposed aluminum. Afterwards scrub down the aluminum to remove any steel bits that still might be left. Since it's a PITA to get to, on the back tire I'll put the bike on the center stand in first gear with the engine idling, and use the steel wool on the bead area. Works great.

WD40 is the best thing I've found yet for getting brake dust and road grime off painted rims...even gets off chain lube in one swipe, eagle one makes wheel polish in a small silver tin that works real good on natural aluminium.