IGNORED

Yamaha key:

Rob Swallows

Just make sure you get the keys with the long shank.

I had some made and they did not work.

Took em back in, and they made another set with the longer shanks.... they came out of a box that said "Motorcycle keys" on it..... I now have at least four spare keys.

Cost about $2 each at an True Value hardware store.

If you search the forum for the word KEY you should come up with the proper bank numbers, but the blank numbers: Ilco ym63, Taylor X 248, Curtis yn 63, Silca yh35r. of course CHECK eveyr copy in all four locks on your bike before you pay for them.....

Thanks for all the replies. I was concerned as the prior owner stated the bike had a theft prevention system installed and didn't know if the key had a security feature like a lot of Ford automobiles do. I've seen nothing that has to be enabled and have tried to set it off when setting and locked down with no results.

Rob

The second Ace Hardware store I went to had the ILCO ym63 keys in stock. They actually had a few boxes of motorcycle specific blanks. Got two keys for a grand total of $4.58 and they both work great.

Rob, ask what theft system the previous owner was talking about.

the venture has a fork lock. swing the handlebars full lock to the left or right, i forget which way, then move the key to lock and pull out key. this is not the greatest but creates a pain for anyone trying to move your scooter.

i try to remember to do this, but i usually don't

Rob, ask what theft system the previous owner was talking about.

the venture has a fork lock. swing the handlebars full lock to the left or right, i forget which way, then move the key to lock and pull out key. this is not the greatest but creates a pain for anyone trying to move your scooter.

i try to remember to do this, but i usually don't

Factory fork lock will lock in either position and there is an old fashion pad lock ring with the bars turned to the left.

:256: