IGNORED

Rivco rear light bar

catman_4_ever

Just installed the S.O.M.A. light bar part# SBRLK. The light bar is on sale now for $44.95. I live close enough so I just took a ride to pick it up. One hour to install. It really lights up the back of the bike.

Good riding to all

Dave

do you have a link to a web site?

Yes. You do not need to buy the Venture specific model. The basic one comes with all the mounting hardware...just remove the legs.

Dave

I don't think they are the same light. The R-mark one on ebay looks like it only has 11 bulbs and doesn't look like you could mount it on the trunk. The Rivco light appears to have 24 (smaller?) bulbs. I like it a lot better, and much cheaper too with the sale price.

Just installed the S.O.M.A. light bar part# SBRLK. The light bar is on sale now for $44.95. I live close enough so I just took a ride to pick it up. One hour to install. It really lights up the back of the bike.

Good riding to all

Dave

Hmmmmm kinda hard to see. Pictures we need pictures.:photographing:

It does not mount very well on the top of the trunk. The trunk is too narrow for the legs. Behind the helmet holders seems to be the best place.

Dave

Thanks for that info. How about posting a couple of pics when you get a chance?

The Venture that I bought last fall has the S.O.M.A. light on it, so I have no idea how old that light assembly is.

That being said, about half of the LED's were out, so I contacted Rivco to see if they had any type of warranty on their LED's. No dice.

So, I pulled the housing apart and cut the end of the LED strip until I had 14 good LED's. Then I centered the strip in the housing and used silicone to fix everything in place.

I would not buy another one. It seems like the LED strip should last almost indefinitely if it was a quality unit. That and on mine you can wire for either running lights or brake, but not both.

I may try the one from R MARK on ebay. :2cents::2cents: