IGNORED

The Piper-Con Wagon

Thistledown

Well this is my first try at posting some pictures, I think I have uploaded the pictures and if I have you will see that I have a Uni-go single wheel trailer, works well and I have pulled it about 3K to date. We use to have just the one Border Terrier (Connor) and he rode on the back in a box or in the box on the luggage rack if Mary Ann was along. This worked great and drew a lot of looks and picture taking. We we got another Border Terrier (Piper) and the box was just to small and the luggage rack shouldn't have 40 lbs on it . Need, the mother of invention, Put a removable floor in the Uni-go and made the metal cage, added a little canvas work and there you have it. The dogs love it and now they both can go. Just got back from 6 weeks in Florida and they probably rode over a thousand miles in it, Just say "Motorcycle" and they jump in

Edited by Thistledown
well guess my pictures didn't come thru ???

I've answered both of your emails but am not getting responses back so I don't know if you got my answers or not.

You say that you are getting a security token error. That happens when your pictures are way too large. You need to re-size them to no more than 640 x 480 and maximum 200,000 bytes.

Waiting patiently for the pics.

We've been thinking that if we could take the two dogs with, we'd be gone a lot more for the whole weekend, not just a day at a time.

Been looking at some of the cages available to put on a trailer. We'll be looking at a two wheel trailer though, with a yellow lab and a golden retriever.

But I'd like to see your rig.

Later, Scooter Bob

I have not read much on sound proofness of these pet trailers, but is there enough sound proofing so the animals are protected from the constant sound pounding their ears from the pipes?

those in the know may say, well go read the specs for crying out loud!

I am not gonna get one, so probably won't go that far. but i am curious enough to wonder.

OK, I will try again to post the pictures. As you can see, he use to ride in the box, he had a harness on and a line came from the bottom of the box to the bottom of his harness. This worked well, for 1 dog but I could not work out any thing for 2 dogs that wouldn't tangle..The modified uni-go seemed to be the thing, I have a plywood false bottom inserted in the wagon about 10 inches down and got a defective lid from Uni-go and made the rest from 1/2 inch metal strap riveted together. the windshield is boat plexi glass and the black cover comes off and is just for more cold weather protection. I Don't think noise is a factor because the pipes are way below the false bottom and there is a 3 inch pad on the bottom. as far as exaust fumes, ther is no indication of soot an the wagon or windshield. Could be a factor in very long in town rides i guess

I like it. My wife keeps asking me to fix up our Unigo for our Golden Retriever. Somehow I just don't see him fitting in there.

Not sure what speeds you are running but one concern I have is the shock and vibration to the dogs. My Unigo suspension is very stiff and it really bounces around over bumps.

Dennis

Mary Ann watches them with a hand mirror. I have questioned her on the bumps and she says they don't seem to bad, Dennis, I think that a folded blanket in the bottom or a piece of foam would be fine, I have taken the false bottom our of mine and took my neighbor and her Portuguese Water dog on about a 2 hour ride with no problem ( only the dog was in the wagon)

Them aint goggles, them is Doggles :Bunny:

I stand corrected. Doggles, they are. Looked 'em up. Pretty clever and highly useful, under the circumstances.

Still a cute pic. :)

In my mind's eye I'm seeing my sister on her V-Star 650 pulling her American Mastiff, Max around. Maybe this is really why she wants to get a Royal Star. Gonna take a full sized trailer for that boy, eh LilSis?