IGNORED

Rear view motorcycle helmet

Freebird

Finally! A helmet for those who've always wondered what sort of shenanigans their passenger's up to...

:sign yeah that:

I agree that this is an interesting idea however, I don't think I'd be comfortable having that glass/metal INSIDE the helmet. I am sure that they have crash tested it numerous times, I wonder how often the mirrors shatter and end up in the crash dummies face/eyes.

Between that and the price, I'll pass as well.

But, interesting idea - yes.

The mirrors are not glass, they are polycarbonate so as not to shatter. This creates a slightly "woozy" image.

Since the rear seat on a Venture is so much higher than the rider seat, I agree worthless with a passenger.

My idea would be a bluetooth rear mounted camera, connected to a heads up display on the faceshield , ala corvette gauges.

Actually, Don, I am seriously considering springing $100 for one of those cameras mounted on the licence plate and act like a rear view mirror. I'll just mount the LCD display somewhere on the dash, perhaps on top of the windshield where a rear view mirror normally goes...

The mirrors are not glass, they are polycarbonate so as not to shatter. This creates a slightly "woozy" image.

Since the rear seat on a Venture is so much higher than the rider seat, I agree worthless with a passenger.

My idea would be a bluetooth rear mounted camera, connected to a heads up display on the faceshield , ala corvette gauges.

Worthless??? That depends how low cut her shirt is......

Okay. I guess I didn't think about it all that hard. Still, as a personal preference, I'd like to keep the possible projectiles in the helmet to a minimum - but sounds like it is probably a non issue.

As for the camera and projection/HUD deal - that would be pretty slick.