IGNORED

Had a tire go down today..

rumboogy

I was in the curves around Romance, AR when the bike went squirrelly, not so bad as to lose control, but bad enough to where the back end was "swaying". I was doing about 55mph when this happened and slowed down to about 40mph...it seemed to be OK and then about 2 minutes later...it did it again only worse...

I nursed it for another mile or two and then finally stopped in a church parking lot and looked at it and sure enough...it only had about 10 lbs in it. I went ahead and rode it to a gas station (not that much further down the road) and aired the tire up...it stayed up for about 20 minutes and then lost the air again. But I already had my brother coming after me with the trailer and we took the bike at 6:15pm up to the Yamaha store for a new tire.

I could not find a puncture in the tire or any nails or any other objects in the tire, but the CENTER of the tire seemed to have cuts in various parts of the tire...but always DEAD CENTER. I am wondering if the tire was defective...I only have 1800 miles on the BIKE!!

Has anyone else ever seen a tire do this?

Anyway...now I know for sure what it feels like to have a tire go down...

Wally

I was in the curves around Romance, AR when the bike went squirrelly, not so bad as to lose control, but bad enough to where the back end was "swaying". I was doing about 55mph when this happened and slowed down to about 40mph...it seemed to be OK and then about 2 minutes later...it did it again only worse...

Anyway...now I know for sure what it feels like to have a tire go down...

This is a G rated site you know!!!

The same happened to me on the wife's Harley on Tuesday. A two week old Dunlop 404 with a tube in it, no less! Turns out that the tube kinked when it was installed and popped a hole where the kink was. Doesn't happen often, but this one was pretty bad. Had it fixed at a local M/C tire store close to where it went flat ($70!), and I'll be heading to the Harley dealership where I had the new tire installed tomorrow to see about getting some $$$ back. I think they should stand by their installation procedures.

Glad your situation was not worse.

Also glad to hear that you did not have a spill due to a flat rear tire. It is always a relief to have somebody there to pick you up on a trailer...unfortunately I don't have that kind of luxury. If that kind of situation happened to me, I am in the mercy of a Tow Truck and probably will just have them tow it home. I also have a stock size Bridgestone installed and now have a little over 1500 miles. Let us know what actually happened to your stock tire.