IGNORED

Where is the air filter?? 1997 RSTD

Should we tell him about getting the air box apart, or let him find out???:cool10::whistling:

Right,,,that one screw that is tucked away in an akward place. Boy was I frustrated when I did this the first time. The guy who designed this is on my list "people to meet and have a few words with before I die" like:

The person who designed the economy airplain seats with the neck braker head restrain.

Don´t worry. We will be around to guide you if you need some advice. Just don´t try to rip that Air filter out unless you have gotten the top/lid off and away from the airfilter case. That filter is not going anywhere unless you remove the top,,,,,,and that is where the screw placed at the front plays the head role !

Enjoy and try not to get overexited,,,,,,maybe a good idea to keep a bag around if you should hyperventilate :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Don´t worry. We will be around to guide you if you need some advice. Just don´t try to rip that Air filter out unless you have gotten the top/lid off and away from the airfilter case. That filter is not going anywhere unless you remove the top,,,,,,and that is where the screw placed at the front plays the head role !

Enjoy and try not to get overexited,,,,,,maybe a good idea to keep a bag around if you should hyperventilate :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

And I guess it should go without saying it is MUCH easier to handle the tank if it is almost empty.

Oh and if available a second pair of hands is handy taking care of the wires and hose that you find, under the tank, connecting the tank to the bike.

Tank is about 1/2 full right now, gonna ride it tonight after work and check/clean or change the filter tomorrow. I LOVE this bike. Seriously, coming from a Harley Wideglide to this bike was definitely a step in the right direction even if the air filter is under the tank!! Has anyone found anything to go in the empty space where the air filter on a Harley would normally be? I see that the Road Stars have the air filter there... wonder if the cover could somehow be fitted there...

Right,,,that one screw that is tucked away in an akward place. Boy was I frustrated when I did this the first time. The guy who designed this is on my list "people to meet and have a few words with before I die" like:

The person who designed the economy airplain seats with the neck braker head restrain.

Along with the guy that designed the water saving shower head and the oriental that designed the constant 4 second beep to let you know that you were out of paper in your fax machine!

Edited by Shipper