All-

I'm new to the site and just purchased a 1987 Venture Royale. I love it. It does need a few things and I'm hoping you can help.

1) I need a few vent louvers for the side panel.

2) I need a couple of the rubber grommets for the side panels.

3) Are there any cheaper alternatives to the $60.00 stock air filters?

4) Lastly, the battery warning light will not turn off. The battery was checked and is good and properly charged. The fluid level is adequate and the contact probe was cleaned. I've even disconnected it and the light still comes on. It appears that the resistor mod was performed. I'm stumped.

I appreciate any input and apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. I'm still learning to navigate on this website.

Thank you.

Bill

For the side panel vents, you will have to catch some being sold on E-bay or see if they are still available through Yamaha. Last time I checked, about 1.5 years ago, they were, but at a price equal to their weight in gold! :)

Many have just removed them and let the rear cyl shine through, or created their own aluminum block off plate. the engine doesn't really need that space for cooling, I open them in winter to heat my legs and close them in summer.

Before I was lucky enough to find a set on e-bay, I just taped mine closed so they looked a little better with clear tape.

Same thing with the side panels rubber bits, either e-bay or you might be able to get them from Yamaha, at least they should not be hyper costly. You might try the HELP! rack at Autozone or an auto body shop supply store and maybe you could find something similar that would work.

Sorry, can't help with the air filters, but I suspect there are other sources other than stock or K&N. Again, check E-bay, I am pretty sure I have seen them there.

As for the battery, do a search here for the proper way to bypass that fluid sensor and make sure yours is done right and that it has good connections. Otherwise, put a bit of black tape over that blinking red light? :)

rubber qroments #sku 90480-13398-00 are listed at $1.59 at yamahapartsnation.com the side louvers are still listed but at $129 &131 too much money for me i got mine off ebay. yamahapartsnation.com go to there site inter your bike info for all parts for your bike:thumbsup:

All-

I'm new to the site and just purchased a 1987 Venture Royale. I love it. It does need a few things and I'm hoping you can help.

2) I need a couple of the rubber grommets for the side panels.

I appreciate any input and apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. I'm still learning to navigate on this website.

Thank you.

Bill

Welcome Bill ...

Those grommets can be had at many auto supply places...they're fairly standard. Just take and old one to compare for size. That's what I did. You'll probably find that what you get might be a bit tighter but hey, tighter is better, isn't it? :D.... just shave some of the edge off the plastic pin and add a dab of lubricant and they'll slide right into the hole.

Thank you all for your help. That YamahaNation site is great. I found the air filter for $36.00. I'm taking my bike in to a local guy this weekend for some carb work. Hope to be up and running soon. So far I can't believe what a smooth ride it is. I have a 2002 V-max which is a thrill of its own, but the Venture is awesome.

Thanks again.

Bill

Only thing I can add is that in the stock configuration the battery probe does have a resistor in line with it. If it's got the "bypass" resistor in it and a probe it may not read correctly.

If it still has the probe it hasn't been modified. After doing the mod the wire is soldered to the accessory side of the fuse holder, the probe is no longer there.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/ I get parts from them faster than my local dealers can supply them and usually cheaper even with shipping to Canada

they have a great lay out.... I believe my last air filter was $42.00 from them.

does anyone have the part number for the K&N filter my local deal could not find a listing for it