IGNORED

Thank you Saddlebum

dogman

Thank you Ben for all the help and work you did for me yesterday.

Ben wired my bike up to pull my new trailer as well as installed some good looking Chrome Platinum Burners (from Walmart) as passing lights. We spent the whole day together working on the bike. Ben is very much a perfectionist and routed the all the wires professionally.

Now when I say we spent all day working on the bike, I actually mean Ben did the work on the bike. I was his, not so helpful, go-for guy. I would like to say I learned alot, but the wiring was very confusing and I know I still would not be able to do the job. But I now know how to take off my gas tank.

Ben thank you very much for all you did, and I look forward to getting out for a ride with you soon.

Dave

Your welcome Dave. I enjoyed helping out.

Thank you Ben for all the help and work you did for me yesterday.

Ben wired my bike up to pull my new trailer as well as installed some good looking Chrome Platinum Burners (from Walmart) as passing lights. We spent the whole day together working on the bike. Ben is very much a perfectionist and routed the all the wires professionally.

Now when I say we spent all day working on the bike, I actually mean Ben did the work on the bike. I was his, not so helpful, go-for guy. I would like to say I learned alot, but the wiring was very confusing and I know I still would not be able to do the job. But I now know how to take off my gas tank.

Ben thank you very much for all you did, and I look forward to getting out for a ride with you soon.

Dave

Saddly because I spent so much time looking through my garage for stuff I should have had at hand and did not because either I misplaced it or my son (who now knows how to use tools, mostly Dads) made off with it, It totally slipped my mind to take pic's while we worked. We installed his road lights as well as a trailer hookup which required a conversion box due to the fact that the bike has amber turn signals independent of the brake lights, while the trailer only has red tail and brake/signal lights. On the second gen there is a connector under the seat by the battery. This is were we tapped into for the lighting mounting the box on the plastic behind the battery. From there we just ran the trailer cord out to the hitch, hidding it behind the chrome trim piece.

For the passing lights we simply wired directly back to the battery and mounted a weather proof switch in the tank trim piece.

Dogman will have to take and post some pic's I quess

Your welcome Dave. I enjoyed helping out.

Didn't know you enjoyed working on bikes, Ben....

You're welcome to come over to my garage any time you feel like having some enjoyment, Ben. There's a hell of a lot of enjoyment waiting here for anyone who feels like having some.:bang head:

Good stuff Dave. Glad you are ready to go. The 4 wire vs. 5 wire trailer confused me so I couldn't help you either. So now let us know when you want to get out for a ride to practice with the trailer. John