IGNORED

Anyone use this style of Ram Mount ?

KeithR

I don't like it. I think it's a good idea and would be great on some bikes but first of all, I'm not sure that it would allow the GPS to clear the fairing on our bikes but even if it does, it puts the GPS way too low. I would rather have it mounted higher so that I don't have to look down all the time to see it.

I don't like it. I think it's a good idea and would be great on some bikes but first of all, I'm not sure that it would allow the GPS to clear the fairing on our bikes but even if it does, it puts the GPS way too low. I would rather have it mounted higher so that I don't have to look down all the time to see it.

That was my thinking as well. It looks pretty nice, but I don't like looking down. All it takes is a second....some idiot pulls in front of you....and that second or two looking down could cost your life.

I have mine mounted above the audio system controller. All it takes is a glance to the left, and even when I do that my peripheral vision still can detect movement ahead. Even so, I try to rely on voice prompts instead of watching the device. It's just too dangerous anymore to divert your attention while riding.

Joe

Guest scarylarry

I like it, but the only time I use a gps is for gas and motels...Heck that is the best part of the bike world is getting lost....

My thinking was not for a GPS at all. but for other things. *top secret of course*:detective:

now frigging way I would put my GPS that low onto a bike.

So, you finally figured out where to mount your mirror so you can make sure your makeup is on correctly, huh??

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rasberry::rasberry:

I just walked out and looked at my bike to see how much space is available. NO WAY would I mount anything there. There is not much room between that and the gas tank/ignition shroud. If something was mounted on that ball joint and due to vibration or any other reason, dropped down a bit...it would certainly hit the tank and prevent you from being able to steer.

It looks fine on the bike in the picture at the link but there is NO WAY I would use it on our bikes.

I've got that same one and really like it. I first saw it on Rick Butler's bike. The only problem is that the arm that comes with the Zumo 550 isn't really quite long enough. I bought a medium length arm from Ram to set it up higher so that it is above the radio pod.

Here is the one that I use:

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045050048049085/Default.aspx

Edited by Freebird

Hey Don

I'm not using a ZUMO, but the 765T Garmin and using the RAM mount. SO fitting actually will go welll over the Audio Pod on the '05.

Hope to get it mounted by the weekend.

I've got that same one and really like it. I first saw it on Rick Butler's bike. The only problem is that the arm that comes with the Zumo 550 isn't really quite long enough. I bought a medium length arm from Ram to set it up higher so that it is above the radio pod.

Here is the one that I use:

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045050048049085/Default.aspx