IGNORED

Replacement Stator

GeorgeS

here is one at rickselectric.com for the 1st. gen it isn't listed but i called and they gave me a part #21-405h for a high output stator for $160.00 phone # 1-800-521-0277 they claim it puts out 20% more power than the stock one. the one at buckeye performance states it puts out 25% more for $230.00 + so you have two to pick from.

here is one at rickselectric.com for the 1st. gen it isn't listed but i called and they gave me a part #21-405h for a high output stator for $160.00 phone

I installed 2 of these stators in Cody Wy, last Sept at the Venture Roundup. These are new stators too, not re-wound. One went into Grandpagak's '83 & another went into a scoot belonging to a friend of StuD's.

Can the stock wiring handle the extra output? At what RPM do they start to charge / reach their full charge? I'm thinking mine is weak because the system doesn't go above battery voltage until almost 3,000 rpm and peaks at about 13.50v. Any advise would be helpful, thanks--Shawn

Can the stock wiring handle the extra output? At what RPM do they start to charge / reach their full charge? I'm thinking mine is weak because the system doesn't go above battery voltage until almost 3,000 rpm and peaks at about 13.50v. Any advise would be helpful, thanks--Shawn

You need to get ahold of the service manual and check out the charging system. The stator may not be your problem. Could be a bad rectifier, poor battery or other problem.

You also need to have a look at the connector where the stator connects to the wiring harness. It's notorious for failing. Most of us just remove the plug and solder the connections together.