IGNORED

Dunlop Tire Warranty

Chinto

While in the process of looking for a good deal on some new tires I discovered a warranty killer at least for Dunlop. It states in its warranty exclusions the following:

Tires used on motorcycles fitted with trailers.

Tires injected with dry/liquid balancers or sealants, or in which anything other than air has been used as the support medium.

I am assuming this warranty exclusion is referring to the balancing beads and/or any leak preventing sealer? I looked on the Michelin website for similiar exclusion but did not find any. However, the Michelin tire care section is still under construction so it may be in the fine print too.

You can see the entire list of Dunlop warranty exclusions at the link below. :080402gudl_prv:

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/infocenter_warranties.asp

Thanks for listuing the info. I've been trying to decide between the Avon Venoms and Dunlop E3's for my 2nd Gen. I know the Avons has been cracking for a few members, but the Avons does have a little higher weight rating. The E3's has a little better mileage..... hard decision....:doh: Any ideas who has the best prices at this time? I need two...

Thanks for listuing the info. I've been trying to decide between the Avon Venoms and Dunlop E3's for my 2nd Gen. I know the Avons has been cracking for a few members, but the Avons does have a little higher weight rating. The E3's has a little better mileage..... hard decision....:doh: Any ideas who has the best prices at this time? I need two...

Skid on in here....free shipping over $100.00. They're part of Competition Accessories. I ordered my Avons from them and they were delivered in 3 days. I have been dealing with CA for years and always had good service. :smile5:

http://www.tireexpress.com/

Dunlop E3s are the way to go in my opinion...I believe Avons are good tires, I think there is a bad batch that got out...but they are a little more costly.

Why not save yourself about $50 and try this.

Jake Wilson has the best deal right now.

Most of the time...Motocycle superstore and Southwest Moto usually are the places to look for tire deals. I got mine from SW moto last year.

Jake Wilson I have delt with them before and thier sister site for years...RockymountianATV.com for all our motocross parts. Good folks to deal with.

free 1-3 day shipping

$126.99 rear

$104.99 front

Take off $10 if you buy both at once.

http://www.jakewilson.com/home.do

Edited by CMIKE

Motorcycle Superstore.com has Michelin Commanders for 111.99 Rear 150/90-15 and 150/80 -16 Front for 99.99 with free shipping and no tire fee like Dennis Kirk requires. These are the ones I picked. :080402gudl_prv:

Dunlop E3s are 130.00 for the rear

Good to see so much positive on the E3 tires... My wife is picking up my new pair this afternoon. A little more costly up here in Canada but I think they will make me feel a lot better than the 8 yr old E2s I currently have on my '86

I am on my first set of E3's. Rear tire brand new had I think 11/32 tread depth. With over 9500 miles I have 6/32 tread left. So I will probably come in around 12000 miles without risking it to much (running it bare) I think. Will just have to run it and see. I don't want to risk running them to far and have a blowout or a wreck.

I like them pretty good...so much better than the Dunlope 404's. I am thinking about going ahead and ordering one now while they are on sale incase I need one before the summer is up. I am hoping I get to ride enough to wear it out before mid summer.

I think you will be very satisfied.. I run my air pressure 36 front and 41 rear with a digital gauge...checking them everytime before I ride.

:thumbsup:

I don't know about on a 2 gen but on my 1st gen i got 13,500 miles on the first set i had on and still had a little tread left on them (not much but no cords showing) liked them so much i have my second set on now . My bike had avons on when i bought it about 50% tread and the E3s feel better in the rain and grip good on dry ground. And quest what they didn't crack like the avons.

I am on my first set of E3's. Rear tire brand new had I think 11/32 tread depth. With over 9500 miles I have 6/32 tread left. So I will probably come in around 12000 miles without risking it to much (running it bare) I think. Will just have to run it and see. I don't want to risk running them to far and have a blowout or a wreck.

I like them pretty good...so much better than the Dunlope 404's. I am thinking about going ahead and ordering one now while they are on sale incase I need one before the summer is up. I am hoping I get to ride enough to wear it out before mid summer.

I think you will be very satisfied.. I run my air pressure 36 front and 41 rear with a digital gauge...checking them everytime before I ride.

:thumbsup:

I don't want to jack this post but as we are on the subject of tires and all..... Does anyone know about the "age" of tires. The wife picked up the new rear today... the front is back ordered..... the date code is 1305 on the "NEW" tire...... is that ok?

I don't want to jack this post but as we are on the subject of tires and all..... Does anyone know about the "age" of tires. The wife picked up the new rear today... the front is back ordered..... the date code is 1305 on the "NEW" tire...... is that ok?

It is generally recommended that any tire over 6 years old by manufacture date be replaced, no matter how good it looks, and that is even on cars.

I just ordered two Dunlop E3's using the coupon. I saved $10.00 for buying two tires plus the coupon savings totaled $30.00. Complete order with free shipping was $201.98.

Not bad for buying two tires..... :banana: