IGNORED

Rear air shock leak

bought a 2007 with 492mi a month ago. Took to dealership last week and got registered in my name. then I decided Sunday to check on air pressure in tires and shocks. First off I need to find a guage to fit between the rotors and valve stem of front wheel , what a pain. The rear tire wasn't that bad as it has a 90 deg valve stem on it, much better to check and fill(only wish it was turned to the opposite side of the kickstand)

The bad news is when I checked rear shock it read zero. I thought no problem Ill just put some in. well I did and in about 60 seconds it was back to zero. Riding without air in the shock shouldnt have hurt it ? I've put close to 400 mile on it in the last week or so. Maybe somethings loose? I checked valve stem and its tight and there isn't any preceivable air leak sound or oil anywhere???

bought a 2007 with 492mi a month ago. Took to dealership last week and got registered in my name. then I decided Sunday to check on air pressure in tires and shocks. First off I need to find a guage to fit between the rotors and valve stem of front wheel , what a pain. The rear tire wasn't that bad as it has a 90 deg valve stem on it, much better to check and fill(only wish it was turned to the opposite side of the kickstand)

The bad news is when I checked rear shock it read zero. I thought no problem Ill just put some in. well I did and in about 60 seconds it was back to zero. Riding without air in the shock shouldnt have hurt it ? I've put close to 400 mile on it in the last week or so. Maybe somethings loose? I checked valve stem and its tight and there isn't any preceivable air leak sound or oil anywhere???

Riding with zero pressure is not a problem. When you do air it up keep in mind it has a small capacity. It will fill in a second or two. Also the front should be done with a precision hand pump only.

Gotcha on the hand pump for front forks.

Will check shrader valve later today. will try to determine exactly where the air is going?

I pumped it up to 250kpa (bike rose slightly) and immediately took air hose off after about two seconds. It takes about 60 seconds to go to zero.

Will post back on results. Thanks

spray air the hose going from valve to rear shock with soapy water at all connections, then put more air in shock as you watch for bubbles...

You might have to remove the drivers seat and right side cover to see the air line hose going to the rear shock.

Gotcha on the hand pump for front forks.

Will check shrader valve later today. will try to determine exactly where the air is going?

I pumped it up to 250kpa (bike rose slightly) and immediately took air hose off after about two seconds. It takes about 60 seconds to go to zero.

Will post back on results. Thanks

You do know not to use a compressor to fill the shocks? You need to use a hand pump only. You can pick one up at any HD shop for cheap.

• 1 month later...

Took bike to dealer today. No volume on radio, no air in rear shock, 2 " crack in windshield where left center bolt holds it on. If the windshield isn't under warranty will have to drill a hole at end of crack so it dosent get any worse.... Old Pilots trick on plastic parts on wings...