IGNORED

Tri-Wing built

jonesy

putting tri-wing trike kit on my venture, going decently , some holes are being modiftyed, too tight to work without some mods but doing it at friends body shop so I got anything I need. guess which is at end off day.

It came that way on far as light area went, everything very well built, but a couple holes a couple of holes needed enlarging ever so slightly. My buddy does a lot of street rod body work, and when I showed him the kit, he had me do the whole job there cause he wanted in on the built. Always someone stopping by so when extra hands are needed they are there. He has a shop to run I do what I can then grab him to help bolt things up. Got a group of older guys that act like supervisors talking about the days when they rode, even bringing the wifes by. At it by 6 till 2 for last 3 days takes a toll on the old body but it'll be great when done. Have had to tell guys to get out of the way, its my bike I what to do it, thats why I qiut a 2 or so, guys getting out of work stop by to chat and have some cold ones, we can only get things done early before guys start showing up. Waiting for drive shaft to get back from shop now before I can button things up for good, got to find wheels and tires, change front tire, body and paint to start monday, Well its 4 am got to ready get at it again today I'll be back. later

Tri-wing out of canada, ford rear end $7500, with hitch. very well made, keep in mind not like just changing pipes, adding chrome parts, better have tools or access to them and be able to use them before start the job.

Edited by jonesy
adding pictures

looks cool.......I`m hopping pic #4 was at the end of the Day and not the Breakfast of Champions!!!

I think it was from breakfast. :think:

Gotta have plenty of shim stock available for a project of that magnitude.:banana:

:thumbsup:Seriously, looks great so far.:080402gudl_prv:

Later, Scooter Bob

Biggest thing is every hole is a millimeter off, goes with tugging or twisting, but very very tight fitting. that or bolts are bit short. went to local hardware store for 4 longer bolts, 2 were 3.65 each, 2 were 3.95 each. not even stainless. of course I shorted them a buck per bolt cause I knew price and cashier took my price for them and he though that was too much. later

making progress, got rims and tires, 15s not 16s , 7in wide not 8s, 3 3/4 backspace not 4 in. , body would hit otherwise, mufflers can't be used cause they are too long, want to go though bumper area, going to look into something short and stubby, picking up drive shaft tomorrow, need welding on that then we can button up things for good as far as frame goes. whole thing ready to paint but need to finsh pipes first, firecracker orange is the color, 70s buick color. later

Jonesy you could do what I did with the mufflers. I cut out a 5 1/2" section to shorten them. Cut them at the seam up front, another cut 5 1/2" forward and then welded them back together. They look and sound great. Slightly louder than stock but quiter than RK's.

They stick out about 4 - 4 1/2" past the body this way. After welding them I painted the weld with some silver metalic paint I had on hand. Looks like original and hasn't rusted in the two years it's been done.

Larry

Can't hide with it for sure now, wish I waited on pipes but its done I'll tidy it up next year, put some short stubby mufflers on for now, and hid them with a short body extensation. Will shorted stock ones and put them on next time my buddy's shop slows down. Carbon1 how'd you do speedameter setup, wiring it has me shaking my head. later

that will on friday, latest saturday, tomorrow is driveshaft, brakes, wiring, mounting the body, put on painted parts, square up rear axle with triple tree, bunch of small stuff, aiming for saturaday ride. today was mostly cleanup shop, just about about on schecule ,

installing drive shaft was no piece of cake, putting spacers in to square up rear end was worse, and this was a spacer between 2 of thier parts. any hole that has a bolt going though it has needed reamimg out. now can anyone help me out, on the speedometer which wire is power, grond, sensor signal. thats my next hold up. later