IGNORED

iPod install on 87...

ceastlick

im looking to install an ipod unit into the 87. i bought the bike 4 days ago, so please be patient. I have read the forums and the manual and it appears there is a jack in the front fairing(?). If that is the case, i would have to install an amp(if audio logic is serving me right). What advice can you guys give??

thanks again.

I just installed an ipod on my '87 yesterday. It's easy.

Buy a cassette adaptor at WalMart for $10.

Insert adaptor into cassette player and plug into ipods earbud plug.

Press play and enjoy!

It's really that easy.

The cassette player makes some noise with the adaptor but no more noise than any other cassette make when it plays.

I bought an HP Casette adaptor at Big Lots for a buck and it works great!! Don't go the route of the FM transmitter as it does not work as well. The cassette adaptor is just as good as direct hookup. Just make sure you do not have the IPOD volume at max as it will distort...

the issue is i dont have the stock Cassette. I never came with the bike. When i looked through the bike, i cant find anywhere that it would logically be. Initially, i thought in the dash compartments, but i dont see any wires or holes from a radio. Does anyone have pics...or anything that will give me somewhere to start??

In '87 they still might have been making the Standard, the Royale model is the one with sterio system in it. You would notice the radio as it is on the left side on the top of the fairing. Youy'll need to probably go buy an aftermarket sterio and install it.

If you need more help shoot me a PM and we'll get you headed in the right direction :happy34: