IGNORED

All Bike Owners, Please Read

Guest CONFEDERATE RIDER

Guest CONFEDERATE RIDER

I hate to do this but I want to let everyone know the experience I had at my local dealer. I took my scoot in for a service repair and new tires and ended up with a badly damaged bike and a dance with death to boot.

This may be a long story but should be well worth the time to read, it could save your life or your bike.

Took the bike in to have it checked for why it would not run off of the choke. After a full week and a day (working days) they got to checking my scoot. Turned out to be that I had put bad gas in the tank. The technician (a kid about 18 years old ) told me when I stopped in to check that they had fixed my bike. He reported that they drained the bowls of the carbs and found water. He started the bike up and began to race the motor, I told him that it was not right and he ask that I take it for a ride to be sure. I rode the bike down a back alley behind the store and brought it back and said that it is not right. I asked if when they found the water in the bowls if they drained the tank and changed the fuel filter. This kid looked at me with surprise and said no they did not. ????? I told him to do this and I would back on the next day to check it out. Before I left he told me that they had an accident and damaged my bike. He could not tell me how but the bike fell in the shop and damaged the front fairings, windsheild, saddlebag, and trunk. They noted on the work order that these items are to be replaced or repaired at no charge. This was O.K. at this time for me. I left specific instructions of the repairs I wanted made ( do not disassemble my carbs) and then I wanted a phone call before anything else was to be done to my bike. Two days went by and they called to let me know that they did these repairs and also removed, disassembled, and cleaned the carbs.. My new Avons were in and they would put these on 1st thing in the morning and I could get the bike on Friday. I went in, told the Parts Mgr. (who totals the service tickets) what my experience had been and we needed to discuss my bill. He listened to my description of events and made the bill where it was a fair invoice. I paid the bill and went to inspect my bike for more damage. I found a scratch on the tank and another on the saddlebag and reported this to the Parts Mgr.. I rode the bike away.

This is where I had my dance with death. Coming off the interstate at about 65mph, I begin to slow down, touched the front brakes and the nose dove down nearly throwing me off the bike. I pulled into a gas station parking lot to inspect and found that the front brake disc was put on backwards. Thats right folks, the thing was backwards, metal to the rotor and friction disc to the caliper. I called the dealership and reported my problem and was asked to bring it back in. When I pulled up to the service department I told the Service Manager to inspect my front brakes and tell me what was wrong. He saw it immediatley and began to apologize. As he began to take my bike into the shop, he dropped the bike right in front of me for the second time. It hit the concrete and I hit the sky. This was not nice and I probably should be ashamed of the way the words flew but these people almost killed me on the highway and then dropped my bike for the second time in front of me.

I then had the Operations Managers attention and they are trying to make this right. I have a list of 15 items that are damaged on my bike all because I trusted these morons to do their jobs. Oh and by the way I paid my bill and still have a torn up bike. Shame on me.

I urge everyone to take the time to check the people who you trust to touch your motorcylce. I have used this dealer before and have not had any problems but this can not be overlooked. I do not know what the resolution will be at this time but I wanted to let everyone know and learn as I have from this experience.

" We can EXPECT what we INSPECT from service centers. " I will not release the name of this dealer until this has been resolved and then I will let you all know the rest of the story.

MAN!!!

you have got the patience of "Job"!!!

if that guy had dropped my bike, as old as it is, in front of me, i "would have been in his eye, like pepper-sauce"!!!!

one of us, would have needed EMS services!

i truly hope that you come out on top, on this one, but - - - -

who knows!

just jt

Unreal..

I would have to request a "loaner" until they get the bike repaired completely... They owe that to you since they did the damage..

Why miss out on some riding when it was thier fault your bike is in the shop..

I did the very same thing to the front brake on my bike, it didn't grab like yours but it sure did make a grinding noise.

Glad you are okay though and like Don I don't take things like that well.

Jerry

Guest Mackinawman

Did you wake up - shake your head and say "Glead that was only a dream (nightmare)"!

Man! - nobody should be treated like that!

I would have completely lost it and ended up in the pokey!

Hi,

sorry for your bad Expierence and it's real good that you can tell us about it. This could have been worse ...

...I don't like motorcycle "mechanics" mainly because they just got out of high school and dont know crap.

How can a teenaged Wrencher gain the 20 Years of Expirence you expect from him in his Age ?? Where did your Knowledge came from ??

Sad to say, but Things happen, we all mess up sometimes. Even in highly scientific Matters ... Some Years ago a Satellite was lost due Impact because, which was investigated later, the americans and the europeans did talk about measuring, the Americans measured in Foot and Inches, the Europeans in metric, but they forget to talk about that Issue.... :detective: :detective: :detective: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Only Thing i want to say is that where is the Supervisor, which should control the Work of his Rookie and teach them how to do the Job right??

Only Thing i want to say is that where is the Supervisor, which should control the Work of his Rookie and teach them how to do the Job right??

That's the problem, there are no supervisors, just some high school grad who can almost change tires. Not many are trained. I learned it on motorcycles by doing it myself and knowing that if I goofed up, I was probably going to end up dead in a ditch somewhere. I learned how to work on cars and semis in school.

I have an 04 midnight RSV and usually do my own repairs, except for warrenty work. Then I have to take it to a dealer, which I am still looking for a good one. I had my motor replaced because of dirt getting in my air box under the gas tank, because dealer had not sealed the air box, this took from Dec. 06 to March 07. When I got it back the cruise control would not work and the radio would go silent after a few miles. Took it back when they could get to it, fixed the radio but not the cruise. Took it back again after 8000 miles on new motor to check air box and fix cruise. Dirt was again in air box because it was not sealed and had to order switch ass. for cruise. Took it back for fourth time to get cruise fixed, installed switch ass. and called me and said it was fixed. I live 50 miles from closest dealer, trailored it home, got on it next morning to ride to work went to use cruise it still doesn't work.:( Now I am really mad, so I leave work early to go by dealer and I ask if they even rode the bike to see if it worked and they said no!!! I had already talked to the manager the time before and said if I had trouble again I would not be back and he didn't even offer to make it right he just said bring it back and we will see what we can do.

So cruise is still not fixed I will take it to another dealer 100 miles away this winter and get it fixed.

I also called yamaha support and all they did was call the dealer and listen to what they said and told me that they had to go by what dealer told them and I could go to another dealer if I wanted too. Some help they were.

The dealer is in Texarkana, TX. if you are ever in that area don't trust them.

I used to own a Yamaha wave raider and had troubles with the service department when I took it in for warranty repairs. I doubt if it was the same place since this one was in Southern California but it really makes me leary to take my bike in to a Yamaha dealership for ANY repairs.

hey CR,, i am sooo glad to hear things came out as well as they did for you bro!! As frustrating as all this is PLEASE remember that these bikes can be fixed an/or replaced!! Not so with the human body,, something that some of todays so called "mechanics" dont even consider... If I were you I would suggest to the dealer that they consign the work to another shop of your choosing.. As it were, I doubt you will ever be able to trust their work..

On a side note,, I am an independent bike builder by trade. A few years ago I had a young man working for me that I was paying 15 bucks an hour to for spinning wrenches.. I had to let him go, he had less then desirable work habits (he left some cam bolts loose on one topend that destroyed the motor among other issues).. I have a real close friend that owned a Yamaha shop at the time and told him about it.. His eyes got the size of saucers,,,,,, he says 'sheesh man - my highest paid mechanic is at 8 bucks!!!

I have since investigated this even farther and found that our Yammie shops wage wasnt far off compared to other shops in the area.. 12 bucks an hour being top wages for a "skilled" factory trained mechanic..

I also ride with LOTS of folks that have NO BUSINESS doing thier own work.. I have some words of advise to my friends who fit into this category.. It goes something like this,, learn to fix your own car first AND DO IT - that way if something goes haywire at least you have four wheels and a cage around you that may keep you alive while your learnin...

I got this on the 18 of Sept 07:

Hi Robert

We at Central Yamaha want to ensure the complete satisfaction of all our customers with their purchase.

We hope you have been enjoying your Royal Star Venture.

If you have any questions we can answer about your bike please give us a call or stop by.

The Service Department can discuss any maintenance issues you may have and our Star accessory team will be happy to show you the full line of Yamaha Genuine Star Accessories we have on hand.

Thank for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Johnny Davidson, Service Manager

Central Yamaha

7000 K Ave

Plano, Texas. 75074

972-423-4089

Road my bike in Monday the 8, of Oct. 07.

For a 24,000. thousand mile Valve Adjusment.

I will see how it runs when I get it back. $234 + Tax. for a Valve Adjusment.

3 Hrs Labor @ 78 per Hrs.

I've been going to them for 3 year now, No complants. just Hi $$$$$

At Cycle City Power Sports in Newnan, they were going to charge me $500+ for the 24000 mile service. Fortunately I got a three year prepaid maintenance plan when I bought the bike, so it was zero cost.

Now while their service prices are high, I do have to admit that I bought the bike from a private individual with 308 miles on it, yet they sold me the maintenance plan just as if I had bought the bike from them.