IGNORED

Good Job Canada

CrazyHorse

Definitly a hard played game by both sides. Actually the caliber of hockey played between Canada and the USA almost puts NHL hockey to shame

Don't want to steal this thread, but that is the main reason I don't bother with NHL. What we seen at the Olimpics was hockey, and that I enjoy, those boys, and girls, were out to win a game or two, they played their hearts out, played together, made a team, fell apart and regrouped, tried, tried and tried again but didn't give up. Got hot and sweaty, tired and sore, but didn't go blaming it on some else, just took it in stride and headed for METAL. Thanks all you players for a great nail-biter.

I sure agree with Saddlebum and Marcarl's comments about NHL hockey. On a related note, it was also amazing to see the reaction of so many Canadians across the country who were glued to the TV for the game and who partied in the streets after. Here in Toronto, the centre of the city was closed down due to crowds in the streets. To me, this makes the comparison being made to today's typical NHL hockey even more vivid.

I am also not a big fan of NHL hockey. WHL sometimes. But these Olympic games I could not miss, especially the last 3 ... exceptional to say the least.

And the partying downtown.... it was crazy but the best thing is that I haven't heard a single thing about anyone or any groups getting unruly, nor have I heard of any issues related to security breaches ... it appears to have been a very well-behaved Olympics.

Wife's daughters are both bartenders in a club right on the Granville St strip where most of the partying was happening. On a normal busy Saturday night they would do 8-10 grand in business with the girls netting 150-250 in tips ... Last night the club did 25 grand in business and the tips were in excess of $700. Amazing!

I agree with most all the comments here however I had a big disappointment at one point during the Olympics. It came when the media started ‘quantifying’ the success of the Olympics by the ‘number of metals’. Don’t get me wrong because I think the metal system is a wonderful symbol of achievement and this is a competition, I just didn’t like the talk of ‘owning’ the podium. Thankfully, through necessity I suppose, that talk got turned around and the focus went back to ‘efforts and achievements’.

I was thoroughly impressed by the level of passion, determination, and skill that was exhibited by all the athletes! The filming, analysis and technology that has gone into the coverage and bringing it to the ‘screen’ is truly amazing! My compliments all around.