IGNORED

got my bike today!!!

donphantasmo

I was trying to find one also. Pinwall Cycle Products has a couple on EBay. $89 +$16 S&H.

And since this may be your first Venture, the seat from years '99 to current will fit. There are two types of OEM seat - standard and Pillow Top. The 2000 came with the standard seat. Later models had the pillow top. Either will fit, but the standard will match the balance of the upholstery.

Good luck finding a seat. And congrats on the new bike. You have the fastest year and color.

RR

Like was said before Pinwall Cycle ebay store http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-Royal-Star-XVZ1300-NICE-DRIVER-SEAT_W0QQitemZ130337514784QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e58b8a520 has one but it is hard to tell one bolt may be broken off. Now to tell you what happened if you don't already know. The seats are held in place with two screws up under the seat. You have to continually check these two nuts as they vibrate loose and fall off. They are hard to get to and if you have big hands it is even more difficult to get to. I used a 10mm socket with a 1/4" drive ratchet to put the nuts on. Now for the other thing that may have happened. The bolts snap off very easily if you over tighten the nuts so the bolt may not have even been on the seat. Some people ride without the nuts in place because of the difficulty keeping the nuts in place. This is fine as long as the bike is being ridden but as soon as to try to trailer the bike anywhere you see what happens.

If you get the seat from Pinwall Cycle it should come with two nuts. Go the the auto parts place, Home Depot or Lowe's and purchase two metric nuts that are 10mm (I'm not sure of the thread count but as long as they fit a 10mm socket they are the right ones). Make sure the nuts have the nylon inserts so they don't get loose. OR this is what I've done on both my Ventures, contact Rick Bulter and purchase his threaded nylon nuts that stay in place and you don't need any tools to put on and take off. Rick sells them in the classified 2ND Gen section for $6.:hihi: http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1663/cat/7

Thanx a million, guys. I'm looking at a couple right now. The Pinwall one just posted last night. When I looked, it wasn't there...

I think I'll just spend the 100 bucks and just buy it... I wish Rick Butler would have called or e-mailed me back. I'm sure he has a couple of seats in his little work shop..