IGNORED

Mouse in the fairing

celling

I took the faring off today do some wiring and to my surprise a nest of insulation. Nobody was home so I cleaned it up and surprise again wires to speakers chewed up. I repaired the speaker wires and my intended repair. Before I put it back together I was going to put some dryer sheets in there. I am also looking for any other methods to keep the little creatures out. I would also say if you get a chance you may want to check yours. I am also going to check under all my covers and air intake.

the fabric sheets do work,

if you remove the pet food or bird seed food or food trash of any kind from the parking area, the problem will generaly go away also.

i scatter fab sheets around the garage every fall, and the mice stay away and the garage smells better too.

i have heard that the irish soap works, but have not tried it.

mike

I had stored my bike with a buddies and he was also storing a car. Doing me a "favour" he put mothballs in my sidebags. Well, I had no mice to speak of, but those bags reeked until August and if you put anything in there it smelled too. Unless you like the smell of dead body perservative,:smilies6: try something else.:2cents:

Edited by dunvilsteev
idjut spelin

Perhaps a small cat.

I had a mouse/chipmonk/small critter get into my muffler and store some deer corn I had in the garage. When I fired it up in the spring, the corn all shot out. It was quite a surprise. Glad it wasn't popcorn.

RR

I tried to shove the cat in that hole buy the triple trees it was not happy after the bleeding stopped I went in the house.

Take your bike indoors with you, they like being close to the fire place.....

Works every time !:sign20:

After the cat deal I said Skid has a good idea put it in the house. After about an hour of making the door wider I got it in the kitchen. Then the wife come home she was madder than the cat, she said either the bike goes or she does. I hope she don't get to cold in the garage with that damn cat. :missingtooth:

We let him from time to time out into the garage with door closed and overhead down. NO wonder he has a ball out there. He's 18 and declawed, so we can't let him outside. Do you think the fabric sheets would bother him?

JackZ:mo money: Of course, ANYTHING for the 86 VR. You married guys? Be sure and spend a little money on your wives! Safety first!! And yep, we should have some :sun: Friday on. Now to solve my glove problem where only the tips of my fingers get cold! Will try some of the wool inserts, I guess, if I can find them. jz

I took the faring off today do some wiring and to my surprise a nest of insulation. Nobody was home so I cleaned it up and surprise again wires to speakers chewed up. I repaired the speaker wires and my intended repair. Before I put it back together I was going to put some dryer sheets in there. I am also looking for any other methods to keep the little creatures out. I would also say if you get a chance you may want to check yours. I am also going to check under all my covers and air intake.

You must be related to ZMan (Mark Theis) from up in Wisconsin .. we call him Charlotte De Squeek :). The mice turned the inside of his fairing into a condo!

So this is the real reason why NEWTrk started putting the outside (use to be feral) cat in the garage this winter. Preventative maintenance - keeping those poor little rodents out of the fairing... Guess that's planning ahead, and here I thought he was just a softy for a fur coat.:whistling: