IGNORED

PB&J and RAWHIDE

BIG TOM

Thanks Tom you have us both blushing over here. And its really no big deal.

For everyone wondering, Big Tom and Taters lost their beloved Beagle last year. They've decided to get a Basset puppy this year and the breeder they chose lives within 30 miles of us. So we volunteered to meet the breeder in a town near by and bring it home to them.

So we're making arrangements with the breeder for next Friday the 19th to pick up the new family member and head west to Alden and his /her new home. By the way is it a boy or a girl?

Again glad to help two such good friends. How could we have said no? Phil& Joanna.:big-grin-emoticon:

And it will be named " Tater Tott" :rotfl:

Congrats...very cool dogs!!!

Thanks Tom you have us both blushing over here. And its really no big deal.

For everyone wondering, Big Tom and Taters lost their beloved Beagle last year. They've decided to get a Basset puppy this year and the breeder they chose lives within 30 miles of us. So we volunteered to meet the breeder in a town near by and bring it home to them.

So we're making arrangements with the breeder for next Friday the 19th to pick up the new family member and head west to Alden and his /her new home. By the way is it a boy or a girl?

Again glad to help two such good friends. How could we have said no? Phil& Joanna.:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks Squid you are the best . I can't wait to meet you and Lonna.

Tom shes a real cutie you guys may have a hard time prying here out of my arms. I had Lab's for years. Haven't had a dog in about 4 years now the last one that I left with the ex was a beagle basset mix named Jake.

Thanks Squid you are the best . I can't wait to meet you and Lonna.

Tom shes a real cutie you guys may have a hard time prying here out of my arms. I had Lab's for years. Haven't had a dog in about 4 years now the last one that I left with the ex was a beagle basset mix named Jake.

Then you dont want to go to the breeders house:no-no-no:.....Lily has 5 brothers and sisters looking for a home...tris, reds and yellows..:whistling::fnd_(16):

bassets have quite a few characteristics that are not common to all dogs or even all hounds.

Because of their length if they get over weight they are prone to back problems. Because of their bulk to height they should be considered short Big Dogs and be feed large breed food. Also because of a combination of lenght, bulk and short legs they should not be allowed to climb up and down stairs until they are full grown, otherwise they can develop leg, joint and back problems.

Also because of their length, they may look short, but believe me, standing on their hind legs they can reach well onto a kitchen counter.

Also unlike many breeds they are more motivated by getting attention than by trying to please their masters. If you ever laugh when they are doing something you don't want them to repeat, it is already too late. They love laughter and will repeat it.

If you feed them when they whine, they will whine during every meal from then on.

And they are very smart about it. My wife and I never fed our basset if she whined, so when we ate she would watch, act cute, roll over but she would never whine at us, but my son fed her once when she whined, so when ever he was eating she would sit by him and whine until he gave in.

also remember to clean inside the ears weekly.

basset forum

http://www.bassetsunlimited.com/forum/

dog food review page

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

Well Tom looks like "Hig4s" is the guy to go to for basset info.Sound like he may have had one or two. Our Jake was a real character and needed a little training because the previous owner never disciplined him. But he responded quickly and was a good dog.