IGNORED

Lonely Venture

beyeker

I went to the Cycle World Motorcycle Show yesterday in Minneapolis. The Victory display was packed, everyone was lining up to sit on several different colored and accessorized Cross Countrys. Then I went over to the Star display and saw one 2010 stock black Venture up against the wall and no one looking at it. Not much of an attempt to interest people in a new Venture. They have the parts laying around to release Ventures in several colors every year. So why don't they? I loved the 2000 red one, the 2003 two tone red/sand, etc. Harley offers several colors in all thier models, what a shame. :bang head:

Yamaha should make a big deal showing of there cassette player. I'm sure there a hole new generation of young people that would be interested in what one looks like. For the old folks, you ever seen one since in the last century, I guess you seen them all. Yamaha likes to listen and keep up with there fans request. Or maybe the designer of the venture retired or took a job with Kawasaki.

Yamaha should make a big deal showing of there cassette player. I'm sure there a hole new generation of young people that would be interested in what one looks like. For the old folks, you ever seen one since in the last century, I guess you seen them all. Yamaha likes to listen and keep up with there fans request. Or maybe the designer of the venture retired or took a job with Kawasaki.

When nothing else works "SHAME" might.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

Was there also. Your right about the Victory. Took me half hour to finally get to sit on it as there was so many people around it. I did like the voyager. First time I have gotten to see one beside in pictures.

It really bothers me that Yamaha is pretty much ignoring their touring riders. Yeah, they have the RSV, but they act like it's an unloved step child. I love my VR and one day may look at a 2nd Gen because I like the style.

The Voyager is a very nice bike and I can't wait to see how it evolves over the next few years. Also everything I have seen of the Victory Cross Country looks very cool.

I have yet to meet someone on a RSV that didn't love the bike. My '07 is the best bike I have ever owned and my wife likes it better than anything she's been on. It really is amazing that Yamaha doesn't see the potential they have. But...... let's all look at the bright side. If they ever figure it out and start to spend money on things like CD players, FI, Multiple color schemes and marketing the price will probably increase $5K. :mo money:I guess it's ok riding the best kept secret in Touring Bikes.

I have yet to meet someone on a RSV that didn't love the bike. My '07 is the best bike I have ever owned and my wife likes it better than anything she's been on. It really is amazing that Yamaha doesn't see the potential they have. But...... let's all look at the bright side. If they ever figure it out and start to spend money on things like CD players, FI, Multiple color schemes and marketing the price will probably increase $5K. :mo money:I guess it's ok riding the best kept secret in Touring Bikes.

Agree 1000%... Some think you have to actively market a Tourer that speaks for itself. A little internet research then seeking one out to test drive and you get your Golden Nugget (The New Way). Yes there was Marketing Magic at HD and some try to duplicate it now (Victory). If you want to eliminate the RSV because of a Tape Deck that is like trowing the baby out with the bath water IMHO. The first MOD I did was remove Tape Deck and added a $39.00 MP3 that hold 1,200 of my Fav Songs and now my wallet rides in the Tape Deck Space. To replace it with a CD Player is still not the answer (who wants to stop ever 45 mins to change a Single CD? The newer 6 CD Player is Lost Storage and still an Antique of years ago. Just my 2 cents today :680::680::680:

i have yet to meet someone on a rsv that didn't love the bike. My '07 is the best bike i have ever owned and my wife likes it better than anything she's been on. It really is amazing that yamaha doesn't see the potential they have. But...... Let's all look at the bright side. If they ever figure it out and start to spend money on things like cd players, fi, multiple color schemes and marketing the price will probably increase $5k. :mo money:i guess it's ok riding the best kept secret in touring bikes.

+ 10,000