IGNORED

2010 not my year so far....

ronhenry4

Well i guess i will start with some good news some of you may have read a few weeks ago my better half had fallen on some ice and broke her ankle. after i posted this story on here about the accident and her not having insureance you guys gave me some great advice and after alot of red tape and paper work we found the right program for us to resolve this problem.. 2 weeks ago during some intence training for the national guard getting ready for my up-coming deployment i tore my rotator cuff so now we are both kinda leaning on each other just to make diner (not that i mind) i love being close to her. but the bad news is im 3 years from retireing from the army... this may make it sooner if i cant get this fixed to "army standard" and im getting those feelings of letting my soldiers down i dont think im going to be able to deploy with them due to this injury. My doc says the recovery time and theropy is about a 9 month progress but as of now im non-deployable... so thats how my year has started off hope everyone else's is going better. Ron

P.S. Yammer Dan I told Kelli what you said about doing what the doctor said or YOU would be coming after her.. she said ok and sat on the couch and propped up her ankle lol she dont listen to me like that?????

I believe that things happen for a reason, and many blessings are disguised initially as disasters or hardships. My life has been full of them.

25 years ago, I was in a really bad motorcycle accident that put me in a wheelchair for 3 1/2 months, followed by another month on crutches. At the time, I thought it was the worst thing ever. Well, that accident had saved my life (very long story).

Bless you both. I hope you heal quickly.

Remember, there is a higher plan:2143:, and maybe His plan is for you to be here with the new lady!!!:337:

I'm with Walt here too Ron, I know you feel bad about the deployment and your guys, but trust me, they understand. The recovery is up to you, doctors always play that gloom and doom crap. Push it as hard as you feel comfortable with and enjoy the time with your sweetheart. All is as it should be, I'm finding this out the more that time goes on.

Ron-

I, like you wife, have broken my ankle. Indeed, it will take a while to heal (even after seven years I can still feel it at times)

My wife has had two shoulder surgeries. These don't heal quickly either!! Absolutely do what the docs and therapists tell you. Eventually you'll start to feel good and think you can push it...... DON'T!! Move to fast and you'll get to start all over again. You can guess how we learned that fact.

We pray for you and your wife to have a full recovery.

Thank you for your willingness to serve us all by defending this great country. Even if you can't deploy at this time, what you do is important and appreciated.:clap2:

Dave

Ok Ron time for a pep talk here I guess. How would you handle one of your guys feeling bad about having this happen? They would tell you how bad they feel like they are letting you down. You would tell them there isn't anything they can do about what happened right? Must be a reason this happened you just don't know why yet. So just take care of that shoulder and Kelli's ankle.

Margaret

Ok Ron time for a pep talk here I guess. How would you handle one of your guys feeling bad about having this happen? They would tell you how bad they feel like they are letting you down. You would tell them there isn't anything they can do about what happened right? Must be a reason this happened you just don't know why yet. So just take care of that shoulder and Kelli's ankle.

Margaret

Mini Mom Has Spoken!!! :yikes:

....and she's actually making good sense :confused24:

GET in Trouble??? To get in trouble first you have to get out............:confused24:

This is a very valid point!

Sorry about the hijack Ron...but you know how we are :whistling:

I'll reiterate, your boys aren't going to feel you let them down, trust me I lived the life for 6 1/2 years. Just get yourself taken care of, life will go where it's supoposed to :happy34: