IGNORED

My new ride- the 86 VR will have to go

eagleeye

Well, I've got a new ride, and I am pumped, but the 86 VR will get listed in the classifieds when it's a done deal. I don't have it home yet, so am a bit apprehensive.

The 86 is a beauty and will make someone a great ride.

Steve

Hey JT, Your right, It's a beauty, but at my age I gotta do what I gotta do. and I can''t keep them all around, maybe you should add it to your collection.

I was going to get a 97, and then I would have kept the VR, But I fell in love (again)

it's a GREAT bike!!!!!!!

Steve

Thanks Mike,

I've never really understood this dark side thing though.

When I sell my 86VR, someone will get a great bike, I'll tell you that.

Steve

Aw the dark side let me see if I can explain it. Among us are a group of members who are stuck in ancient times and are afraid of progress. They have brain washed themselves into thinking there has not been a motorcycle built since disco music was in style. Many of them are still using stone tablets for corespondents these members are first genners. When some people of high intelligence and good taste (second gen owners) began telling them about the modern technology available in todays highly engineered lightning fast very stylish motorcycles they began calling modern motorcycles the dark side. In my opinion this is a jealousy thing because we all know every body wants a second gen.:stirthepot:

Hey JT, Your right, It's a beauty, but at my age I gotta do what I gotta do. and I can''t keep them all around, maybe you should add it to your collection.

I was going to get a 97, and then I would have kept the VR, But I fell in love (again)

it's a GREAT bike!!!!!!!

Steve

i understand.

oh well, you could have done a LOT worse!

just take a look at that old "rattletrap "that redneck puts around on!

lol

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

just jt

Hey Hipshot,

When I rode up to look at the 2005 RSTD, on my 86VR, I asked myself, what in the hell am I doing? this is a great bike. and when he was riding my bike in front of me, I'm looking at my bike saying, man that's a great looking bike, BUT,------I gotta do what I gotta do.

Time to move on

Steve

When some people of high intelligence and good taste (second gen owners) began telling them about the modern technology available in todays highly engineered lightning fast very stylish motorcycles they began calling modern motorcycles the dark side.

Last I heard, your "technologically advanced modern motorcycles" have a cassette player just like my "ancient" (and faster:rasberry:) machine.:stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Like all technology, the more you live with it, the more you can't live without it. This VR is the only bike that I've owned with a radio and such, and I've owned a bunch.

The funny thing is that the gear indicator is what I missed. :)

Steve

Last I heard, your "technologically advanced modern motorcycles" have a cassette player just like my "ancient" (and faster:rasberry:) machine.:stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot:
This is a good example of one grasping for straws to justify his denial. Jealousy I tell you that is the root of the problem.:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: