IGNORED

Re: Finally

Bubbajbi

So here is an update to my last post about the mods I was doing to my bike. The only thing that I didn't do was remove the tank emblems. That will be save for a later date. However, I did get a little carried away. After I rerouted the MP3 cable, removed the CD changer, shortened the windsheild 4" (I recommend this to everybody), and removed the front fairing "eyelashes", I started to wonder how hard it would be to remove the trunk. Turns out it is pretty easy and gives the bike a whole new look. In fact, just this morning I was riding and was passed by a older goldwing who cut me off. At the next stoplight I pulled up next to him and he appollogized. He said he thought I was "one of those a** hole HD riders." He compimented me on my bike and rode off. Not that I am trying to look like an HD but it is nice to get a compliment about your scoot. Anyway, here is a pic. Let me know what y'all think.

:cool10:

Yes, it's nice to get a compliment, but if the guy was a prick for cutting you off because he thought you were on a Harley. I don't care if someone is on a moped, I won't cut them off.

Nice ride though. I'm sure I would never do that to my 99 RSV, but it looks nice. However, I don't have any tank emblems.

Anyway, here is a pic. Let me know what y'all think.

Bike looks really nice there Bubbajbi..

Real nice..

You wouldnt by chance have a picture from the front view with the eyebrows removed would you?

I have been contemplating removing the eyebrows on mine too, but would like to see what it really looks like before I remove mine.

Real nice..

You wouldnt by chance have a picture from the front view with the eyebrows removed would you?

I have been contemplating removing the eyebrows on mine too, but would like to see what it really looks like before I remove mine.

This is the best I can do right now, Eck. I will take some more tomorrow when I get the bike out in the daylight. I do have to say that it really gives the bike a clean look. I would do it if that is what you are looking for. :080402gudl_prv:

Yep, I removed the 'eyebrows' and it gave the front a much cleaner look....How did you shorten the windshield? That's something I've been thinking about too.....Now if I could just get the rear brake to quit locking up so easy!!!!!

Yep, I removed the 'eyebrows' and it gave the front a much cleaner look....How did you shorten the windshield? That's something I've been thinking about too.....Now if I could just get the rear brake to quit locking up so easy!!!!!

The easy fix is start using the front brake.

The easy fix is start using the front brake.

Yessir, I'm working on the front brake useage and also looking at the proportioning valve mod. I also want to do the headlight mod that ech? came up with. If anyone has a headlight assy laying around with a broken lens I'm interested in getting one. Just email me. trandeod@frontiernet.net. Thanks, Tom

Real nice..

next time we are at a meet and eat together take a look at mine. I removed the eyebrows about a year ago. I like the look better.

The windshield was easy!

First, decide EXACTLY how much you want to cut off in inches. I am 6'3" and removing 4" was perfect. Use the wide masking tape and tape off the ENTIRE windshield. I didn't and now I have small scratches all over. It is easiest to cut off the bottom of the windshield that way you do not have to worry about getting a perfect cut. I used a piece of cardboard and traced the outline of the bottom of the windshield on the cardboard. Then I cut out the cardboard and laid it on the windshield 4" from the bottom and traced my line. I used a jig-saw and a very fine tooth blade and cut along the line. then I took the piece of windshield that I cut off the bottom and placed it on the new shorter windshield and cleaned up the cut and marked the bolt holes.

Sounds hard but it only took about 30 min and believe me it was worth it! I just got back from a 1200 mile trip down the coast and when the salt spray started fogging up the windshield, it really payed off to be able to see over it.:080402gudl_prv:

This is the best I can do right now, Eck. I will take some more tomorrow when I get the bike out in the daylight. I do have to say that it really gives the bike a clean look. I would do it if that is what you are looking for. :080402gudl_prv:

Thanks Bubba for the photo.

I will check out Riderdukes bike also the next time I see him since he removed his eyebrows too...thanks

Guest KitCarson
The windshield was easy!

First, decide EXACTLY how much you want to cut off in inches. I am 6'3" and removing 4" was perfect. Use the wide masking tape and tape off the ENTIRE windshield. I didn't and now I have small scratches all over. It is easiest to cut off the bottom of the windshield that way you do not have to worry about getting a perfect cut. I used a piece of cardboard and traced the outline of the bottom of the windshield on the cardboard. Then I cut out the cardboard and laid it on the windshield 4" from the bottom and traced my line. I used a jig-saw and a very fine tooth blade and cut along the line. then I took the piece of windshield that I cut off the bottom and placed it on the new shorter windshield and cleaned up the cut and marked the bolt holes.

Sounds hard but it only took about 30 min and believe me it was worth it! I just got back from a 1200 mile trip down the coast and when the salt spray started fogging up the windshield, it really payed off to be able to see over it.:080402gudl_prv:

Hi! Glad you got your windshield situation solved, never have understood the reason behind that one, hey, you can go to the auto parts store and get some stuff used on aircraft windshields, takes work but you can buff the scratches out.

Now to get your rear brake to stop grabbing, leave the oil plug out, that will slick it right up for you. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::big-grin-emoticon::sign20::sign20: Sorry could not resist, looks like I will most likely be in trouble today by noon. Kit

Yessir, I'm working on the front brake useage and also looking at the proportioning valve mod. I also want to do the headlight mod that ech? came up with. If anyone has a headlight assy laying around with a broken lens I'm interested in getting one. Just email me. trandeod@frontiernet.net. Thanks, Tom

YOU MIGHT TRY ORGANIC INSTEAD OF METTALIC PADS FOR THE REAR. IT WORKED ON MY 01

Very interesting look. Almost like an RSTD with a full fairing. Not sure I could get Mamma to go for that though. She would want something to lean back on.

Would be interested on how you take the tank emblems off. Not sure if I would like that look on my bike or not, but would be interested in your process.

To remove tank emblems. Pull. :) Clean up leftover adhesive.

To help minimize rear brake lock up. Lower your brake pedal to reduce the "angle of attack" and reduce leverage on it. Quite easy. :)

`````````````

bubbajbi, can the trunk assembly go back easily? It appears that you removed everything back there. Radio, too??