IGNORED

new victory cross roads

Snarley Bill

made the mistake of stopping in at my dealer saturday, and saw, and sat on the new victory crossroads. swore i would never buy another new bike, but this is probably the most beautiful bike i ever set eyes on. ultra comfortable ergomomics. i think it is the best looking factory bagger available. the one they had is jet black and really makes a statement. the only drawback is the lack of water cooling. if i did'nt like my nomad so much, i would consider buying one. it's not in the cards in the near future. maybe next year. i would like to get down to one all around bike and the victory could fill the bill. :2133:

The local dealer here had a Cross Country, which is a Cross Roads with a handlebar-mounted fairing instead of a windshield. It also has AM/FM radio and the dashboard set from the Vision. I hate the Vision because of its looks and the compromises of function for style, but the Cross Country was really sharp! I want it, but our daughter is in college and our older son will also be in college in the Fall, then the other son will likely be headed that way a few years after they are out, so our current RSV and mini van will probably have to last until our bodies return to the dust from whence they came!

Oh, well. The RSV is still fantastic.

Bill you have an illness, you need to be treated, instead of buying them for yourself, start buying them for your friends..................:bighug:....

made the mistake of stopping in at my dealer saturday, and saw, and sat on the new victory crossroads. swore i would never buy another new bike, but this is probably the most beautiful bike i ever set eyes on. ultra comfortable ergomomics. i think it is the best looking factory bagger available. the one they had is jet black and really makes a statement. the only drawback is the lack of water cooling. if i did'nt like my nomad so much, i would consider buying one. it's not in the cards in the near future. maybe next year. i would like to get down to one all around bike and the victory could fill the bill. :2133:

Had a Victory Cruiser, was a fun bike, torque plus,,light weight and handled well BUT,,,,road like a lumber wagon, very hard suspension w/ the mono shock....terrible!

This thing looks too "swoopy",,,can't imagine my wife on it after finally getting her to enjoy the RSV!

Nope,,,to me,,,,yougly!

Renne,,,:smile5:

I went by our local Victory/Polaris dealer a few weeks ago just see the new Cross Roads or Cross Country. They only had one 2 wheeler in the whole store, a left over '08. Talked to the salesman, he didn't have a clue about any "NEW" model victory's, said they sell more ATV's than bikes, couldn't even get me a price. Of course, if I put $1,000 down, I could order a new Victory "what ever model" (his words). I just walked out the door chuckling to my self.

Makes me wonder if Victory knows what is going on at the dealership level, can't sell bikes if the dealers don't even try to market them.

Dave

I too was drooling a good bit when I saw the Cross Country. I sat on a Vision a while back and though the looks are either all in or walk away I could deal with that. My big killer was the idiot engineer who came up with the bag design. When I went in I was anxious to check out the anticipated cavernous space in those baby's. Oops, just a mirage, who in their right mind would place itty bitty plastic bins in such large shells to hold so little stuff?

Looking at the CC in the mag's I figured Victory had figured it out, Bikers want and NEED space for stuff. Went to the bike show last weekend and again swooned over the beautiful beast and finally popped open the swanky bag and though bigger than the vision someone still has found a need to put some kind of a plastic liner in this bag so that you don't get all the space advertised from the outside, WTH???

How hard can this be Victory, shoot my '98 RSTD bags hold as much or more than those things do. No two piece any thing, what you see from with out you get with in. I don't know maybe I'm just a wild and wacky guy, or maybe Victory is just trying to be PC in a biker bagger sort of way?

I'll stick with my '98.