IGNORED

'04 2000 Vulcan valve tapping

truckin48

If the bike isn't ridden for a couple of days one of the valves makes alot of noise, it will clear up after being ridden for awhile, I was told at the KAW shop that this was normal because since they are hydraulic, it leaks down. Would someone please tell me if he is correct. My warranty expires in Mar. and would like to have the problem taken care of, my pockets aren't that deep.

Thanks and ride safe

Truckin48

I believe it does have hydraulic self-adjustment. They will bleed down, should only take a few minutes to do it. You might not notice though until the engine cools down.

I think they should also pump back up in a few seconds. I'd worry that one was sticking if it was taking longer.

If the lifter isn't pumping up within a few seconds of starting your bike, you have something not quite right.

It could be something a simple as the lifter being a little dirty, in which case a good crankcase flush may fix you right up. If you have allowed your oil change to slip past due a few times or if your oil is extra dark when changing, this may be your problem.

A good crankcase flush is a good thing once in a while any way.:happy65:

• 1 year later...
If the bike isn't ridden for a couple of days one of the valves makes alot of noise, it will clear up after being ridden for awhile, I was told at the KAW shop that this was normal because since they are hydraulic, it leaks down. Would someone please tell me if he is correct. My warranty expires in Mar. and would like to have the problem taken care of, my pockets aren't that deep.

Thanks and ride safe

Truckin48

i owned a 2006 it is true