IGNORED

Just wanted to sat thanks,

magafike

I took my wife to the cycle shop this evening and she could not get up into the VENTURE. She has knee problems and I was willing to buy this bike if we could ride together. But in the end she could not. I will be buying a smaller cruiser that is lower to the ground.

But indeed I want to thank all of you for the answers, suggestions, advice, knowing you were dealing with someone that does not have alot of expierance with this type of bike, yet you have treated me like you have been my friend for a lifetime and we have had many miles under our belts together.

This is a great site and I have learned more reading this site than any other and will subscribe to this site for only 1 reason. You have made me feel part of a family not a step child you had to deal with. Also there is a bike load of information that is plain fun to read and learn.

So while I might not be riding a VENTURE, the next time your in Delaware and drive by a blue VTX1300 smile and wave. For when I ride past a VENTURE It will remind me of this site and a warm fuzzy with encoumpass me. (DO NOT TELL THE GUYS IN THE MAINTENANCE SHOP ABOUT THE WARM FUZZY!)

Thanks to all,

Mike from Delaware

Well glad you aren't gonna leave us. We have lots of guys riding all sorts of bikes on here. Hope you get to some of the get togethers we have during the year. You think we give warm and fuzzy on here wait till you meet us. We're a hugging bunch too. Sorry the wife can't get on the bike with you. Don't mean to pry but have they talked about knee replacement surgery yet?

Oh and we're glad you feel part of the family.

Margaret

That's a bummer about not getting the Venture! Have ya tried getting the wife a Pogo Stick and use that to get on the bike?:whistling:

Boomer.....who sez don't blame me for these brainstorms....I gave up mah oxygen to a purty little red-haired gal when I wuz in de Neo-Natal Ward.:Avatars_Gee_George:

That's a bummer about not getting the Venture! Have ya tried getting the wife a Pogo Stick and use that to get on the bike?:whistling:

Boomer.....who sez don't blame me for these brainstorms....I gave up mah oxygen to a purty little red-haired gal when I wuz in de Neo-Natal Ward.:Avatars_Gee_George:

brainstorms????? or brainfarts? Besides I didn't know you was in Germany.

i have one of those exer-size trampolines you can use to get her on there....but then i dont know how kelli would get on???? she verticaly challenged you know hmmm maybe you could buy the house next to me and when we go riding they could share it.??? im sure boomer will have another idea..

Like the others said , don't bail on us!!!

Just curious, when you say the wife cannot get on the venture, how is she trying to get on?

Are you getting on first and then letting her try to mount up? If so my suggestion is to let her get on first. Turn the handlebars all the way to the left then put the passenger foot boards down. Have her step up on the left foot board, while if necessary holding on to the left handlebar grip. Then swing the right leg, knee first, across the drivers seat. (If you have a driver's back rest, put it down first) This works well for my handicapped son who is only 5' 1" and is partially paralyzed on his right side.

I would bet if you took a poll, you will find that most everyone lets the navigator get ON first and OFF second, with the bike on the kickstand.

Edited by wes0778
left out words

Don't think that was oxygen!!

Like the others said , don't bail on us!!!

Just curious, when you say the wife cannot get on the venture, how is she trying to get on?

Are you getting on first and then letting her try to mount up? If so my suggestion is to let her get on first. Turn the handlebars all the way to the left then put the passenger foot boards down. Have her step up on the left foot board, while if necessary holding on to the left handlebar grip. Then swing the right leg, knee first, across the drivers seat. (If you have a driver's back rest, put it down first) This works well for my handicapped son who is only 5' 1" and is partially paralyzed on his right side.

I would bet if you took a poll, you will find that most everyone lets the navigator get ON first and OFF second, with the bike on the kickstand.

:sign yeah that: :sign yeah that: :sign yeah that:

Sorry she had trouble getting on the bike. I imagine y'all tried it a number of ways, but just in case, I thought I'd post this idea.

The passenger running boards are very strong - will support 300 lb man with no problem. And the side stand is equally strong. There is nothing wrong with her using the left floor board as a step to swing up onto the bike while it is on the side stand. Just in case you hadn't already tried that . . .

:080402gudl_prv:

Goose