IGNORED

Athletes foot cures?

a1bummer

Anybody have any good athletes foot cures? I'm guessing that I'm not the only one here who gets sweaty feet in the boots we wear or go camping and shower in public showers. So I'm betting I'm not the only one with this problem. But I've had it all summer. I can almost get rid of it, but then it comes back. I've used the Compound foot powder all summer and Tinactin cream. I've gotten it before but was able to get rid of it with a good scrubbing in the shower or bath. But not this year.

:crying:

Anybody have any good athletes foot cures? I'm guessing that I'm not the only one here who gets sweaty feet in the boots we wear or go camping and shower in public showers. So I'm betting I'm not the only one with this problem. But I've had it all summer. I can almost get rid of it, but then it comes back. I've used the Compound foot powder all summer and Tinactin cream. I've gotten it before but was able to get rid of it with a good scrubbing in the shower or bath. But not this year.

:crying:

Have you been checked for Diabetes lately?

Good Luck

Have you been checked for Diabetes lately?

Good Luck

Was just bgetting ready to ask the same question. Also I get on occasion atheletes foot all the way up to half of my calf. Wasnt sure what was going on till I went to a dermetologist. He told me to put oldbond cream on my feet,goldbond powderin my socks and change socks at least twice a day in the summer or when ever I fill like I may have sweeted due to exertion.

I have even found that I have to carry an extra pair of socks when i go hunting. Even though its freezing or below, your body still expels excess heta from walking and such and your socks will retain the moister. my father-in-law also told me to try to wear my socks inside out. he learned this in Vietnam and it really does work.

If all else fails, then you can make a mixture of abking soda and water. I usually just put a little in the whirlpool type tub we have in the bathroom and soak. Almost anthing that itches will ease off and dry up with a few soakings. Never nessure how much just a little will do. A large box of baking soda usually get me 10 or 12 soaks or so.

Hope some of this helps.

David

Get Storebrand but make sure it contains 1%TOLNAFTATE worked great in Afghanistan in 2003-04 when went weeks without washing or clean socks.

Good Luck

Tolnaftate is the active ingredient in Tinactin..

I found that when Tinactin stopped working for me I switched to Lamisil, it's active ingredient is terbinafine hydrochloride if you are looking for a cheaper store brand.

Picked this up off the web. I've heard of it before.

Hydrogen peroxide for foot fungus is one of the common home remedies for this affliction. It is a common household disinfectant, long used to clean minor cuts and scratches, and even popular for disinfecting cutting boards and kitchen utensils. Intuitively, it makes sense that it might be good for killing fungus. This article discusses the use of hydrogen peroxide as a home cure for fungal infections of the feet, and also describes several alternative home remedies that are used in similar ways. If you have foot fungus, read on.

It's quite common to have both athlete's foot and nail fungus: infection often starts in the nails and spreads to the surrounding skin and between the toes. Or, it may begin on the skin, particularly in the crevice between the toes where conditions are warm and often damp, then progress to the nails. Whichever way it goes, you can choose a fungal remedy to treat both at once. Popular home remedies include soaking the feet in vinegar, dilute bleach, or hydrogen peroxide for foot fungus.

Hydrogen peroxide for foot fungus may work, although scientific studies have not been done to confirm its usefulness. Use a 3% solution, as the stronger preparations are less safe and may cause skin reactions. Approaches include soaking in the peroxide, wiping onto the affected areas several times daily, or spraying it on and allowing it to dry. It is likely to produce results much faster for athletes foot fungus than for a nail infection. On thing is undeniable: as a foot fungus remedy, it is one of the cheapest.

Ordinary white vinegar is very affordable as well, and is perhaps a more popular treatment than hydrogen peroxide for foot fungus. The approach here is to soak the feet for 20 to 30 minutes every day until the problem clears up. If you have the time for this foot fungus remedy (you could do it while watching the news or reading the paper), this would treat both athletes foot, and fungal nails.

I had heard of the "pee on your foot" remedy but never thought of it until it was too late. My daughters Pit Bull came through one evening while I was sitting with my feet proped up and gave a lick between my toes. Seems to have cured my Atheletes foot. :smilies6:

Are you wearing cotton or wool socks? I only wear wool socks now. I wear them year round. Cotton socks hold moisture on your feet. Wool pulls it away. Merino wool is good stuff.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=441042

I get em at Sam's Club now. I used to buy them online. Many outdoors stores carry these as well now. SmartWool has one of the first brands on the market that I was aware of.

Also, pee on your feet in the shower.

Whiz on 'em in the shower and wear white socks whenever possible. (something to do with the dye....even after they've been washed several times) If you happen to be a workin stiff who has to wear a suit, you can get socks that are white on the part in the shoe and black from there up. I've seen them, but don't know where you can get them.

B/B was developed for cows tets when milking. It is vERY thick and stinks . Apply before bed and WEAR SOCKS. Stops that itching feeling when you are trying to go to sleep. Also works great for chapped hands... but you can't touch anything unless you wear light cotton gloves.

I have used B/B for burns and cuts. Sometime hards to find...

Your boots... get a few pairs of good washable inserts.... change daily and hand wash with a little blech then make sure they are dry before reuse.

Cb

Thanks guys. My problem is just in between my toes. Usually worse between the third and fourth toes. The skin peels and sometimes cracks when it gets worse. Seeing as how fungi thrive in warm, moist, and dark places, I go barefoot as much as possible. Especially during the summer. I found a cheap pair of flip-flops to wear last summer. I really hate those things! It doesn't help that I have a problem with hyperhidrosis, so I do sweet a lot. Haven't been checked for diabetes lately. The first time I was pre-diabetic. The last time I was good. I'll have to look that up and do some research. I found a remedy online last night that I'm trying right now. It's four parts warm water and one part bleach. Soak your feet in it till they start to tingle. About ten to fifteen minutes for me. I try it for a few nights and see if it works. Then I'll try some of the cures you guys mention. I'll save the peeing on the feet idea for last. Unless it's a friend who has the problem, then I'll be the first to step right up to help out.

Bill,

An old doctor turned me on to Tinactin Liguid Spray (not the spray powder) about 20 years ago and I havn't found anything that would match it since. Since it's liquid, you can spray it on and rub it between your toes and hard to reach places on your foot. In fact I use it on a regular basis as a preventitive. And it works great on jock itch too.

Hope this helps,

Rick