IGNORED

Slipped on the Ice

GlennTuc

Headed out of the house this morning to get on my trusty steel steed to head to work and didn't notice a small ice patch on the driveway (still dark - 0430) as I punched in the code to open the garage door. Started the bike to let it warm up while I put my riding gear on. Hoped on the bike and started backing out of the garage and just as I was making the turn to point it toward the road, my left foot hit that small patch of ice. Down I went. Did the splits. Layed the bike down on the engine guard and bag guard. I finally got the bike back up and the kickstand under it and looked it over. No damage, the only thing that was hurt was my feelings.:bawling: Another lesson learned.

Glenn

Sorry to hear about your slip. But glad to hear that those guards are in place and protected your bike from any major damage. Be careful out there...black ice is one of our worst enemies this season. Over here, we just had about 2 feet of snow so with me slipping on ice is very likely. No riding this week and I hope for the best next week after the rain. Ride safely. :innocent-emoticon:

Maybe if you keep riding on the black ice try these!:whistling: they are wonderful!

Nope they will not fit on the RSV Tire's :no-no-no:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=yak+tracks&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=6FkvS_GuE4P6MPv3zPMI&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CCMQzAMwAg

However , I just use them to get to my stored bike in the garage for (4) months! :D

(lots of ice around my house now)

Be safe out there!

Jeff