IGNORED

" I " Success

SilvrT

With reference to following thread(s) ...

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43130]Update on Clutch "I" basket - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

I have now received my "I" basket, installed it, and tested it. In fact, we had a fantastic sunny day here on the "wet"coast, albeit just a tad chilly (6 celcius) so I got a day permit and put on around 200km.

I am so happy to report that the WHINE is all but GONE! ... The "I" basket swap has eliminated appx 70% and now is only slightly noticable. YIPPPEEEE!

oh yeah... as promised... here are the pics of the MONSTER TOOL I made to hold the basket in order to undo/tighten the nut.

Sorry, I ain't sellin it nor am I givin it away... it's worth waaayyyyy to much! :rotf:

With reference to following thread(s) ...

Update on Clutch "I" basket - VentureRider.Org

I have now received my "I" basket, installed it, and tested it. In fact, we had a fantastic sunny day here on the "wet"coast, albeit just a tad chilly (6 celcius) so I got a day permit and put on around 200km.

I am so happy to report that the WHINE is all but GONE! ... The "I" basket swap has eliminated appx 70% and now is only slightly noticable. YIPPPEEEE!

oh yeah... as promised... here are the pics of the MONSTER TOOL I made to hold the basket in order to undo/tighten the nut.

Sorry, I ain't sellin it nor am I givin it away... it's worth waaayyyyy to much! :rotf:

Holy Master Mechanic.....I am Speechless.

:sign outstanding:

edit: Question.....where did you find the octopus that operated that thing?? :)

Well, I am impressed. The 'tool' does exist. I bet I couldn't get that through customs... Mostly because I don't know that anyone would believe what it is for :rasberry:

Glad your bike's whine is much better too!!! :thumbsup2:

Actually, it originally was the main component of a "CRANIUM EXTRACTOR" once used in 1014BC as part of other "torture" paraphanalia of the time.

As much as I appreciated your previous offer to sell or gift me that ah, device/sculpture/wood shop project, I think that I appreciate more your decision to NOT give it to me. :duck::hihi::banana:

Your success with the I basket does give me renewed hope that my whine/chirp may be made to go the same way.......any tool that works when you need it, is a good tool. More so when you make it yourself.

As much as I appreciated your previous offer to sell or gift me that ah, device/sculpture/wood shop project, I think that I appreciate more your decision to NOT give it to me. :duck::hihi::banana:

Your success with the I basket does give me renewed hope that my whine/chirp may be made to go the same way.......any tool that works when you need it, is a good tool. More so when you make it yourself.

ain't that the truth ! :D :D

As has been reported in various threads, success with the "I" basket is a 50/50 chance. The few km's I drove weren't, IMO, sufficient to give me confidence that the bike will sound this way all the time .... maybe once I've got a couple thou.... I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

Thats great that you finally got a handle on the whine. I am also impressed that the dealer was upfront with you about what went on.

Brian:smile5:

As the story goes....

Apparently the dealer, when replacing the basket with an "I" basket, get's the "OK" from the warranty rep. The rep advises someone where all the parts come from and the dealer is supposed to order a "standard" basket. The folks at the parts place are then supposed to ship an "I" basket.

Last July when they supposedly replaced the basket, the parts place shipped a "G" basket by mistake....the dealer didn't check it when they got it...they just "assumed" it was an "I" basket and put it in.

This time around there was a big hassle over who's responsible and apparently the same mixup happened...a "G" basket was shipped. The dealer got that straightened out and had an "I" basket shipped out but I guess there's still this debate going on over who's responsible for the original mixup. The result may be that the dealer has to "eat" the cost.

What impresses me is that the dealer said "as long as you're (meaning me) happy, then that's all that matters".